Drone registration

hawgrider

I just received my drone and have been attempting to register it at the FAA website. I registered myself but when I try to actually register my drone and proceed with the registration no registration form appears. I have made numerous attempts over the past 24 hours with no success. It is becoming 'very' frustrating. I have even e-mailed the FAA via their contact process....no reply there either. Can anyone assist me with this onerous process. Thanks!!

ProfEngr

The registration process is only for the person (you) that owns the drone(s). The FAA will issue an identification # that is to be placed on or in the craft where it can be accessed w/o tools. You get 1 ID for your entire 'fleet' of craft.

hawgrider

The registration process is only for the person (you) that owns the drone(s). The FAA will issue an identification # that is to be placed on or in the craft where it can be accessed w/o tools. You get 1 ID for your entire 'fleet' of craft.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am aware of the fact that the registration is only foe one person (me), however, my problem is that after I registered myself and the nest FAA page popped-up, there was no form to complete. So perhaps I do not understand the process, but I thought that there would be a form to complete online. How do they provide me with my registration number or know where to send it? Do they eventually email the form to me? I guess that I just expected it to be more or less immediately sent to me if that is the case. But then again, the government rarely does anything quickly.

ProfEngr

What I understood was you fill in your info, provide CC as payment, and that was it. I haven't gone to the site since I'm still learning on my toycopter. Probably should have kept my fingers off the keys. :oops:

sledge57

You register, pay and they email you a reg number. You DO NOT register each aircraft like with full scale. You register yourself and your reg number is to be placed on any thing you fly (that exceeds .5lbs I believe)

My number was emailed to me immediately (within a few minutes)