Help with Tarot 680 build component list

violetwolf

Keep us updated Fernando. Yes $500 is a lot to join the club!

I've been flying these FC's for several years now and have yet to do any serious autonomous missions lol. I generally like to film in Stabilize mode myself.

ProfEngr

Well, RCTimer put a 20% discount code up the other day, but when I enter it I get an error page saying the code is disabled. :confused:

View attachment 27652

There's this banner on the FC page though.... figured it was just poor English/grammar...

View attachment 27653

Attachments

• rctimer-code-error.PNG
    rctimer-code-error.PNG
    17.5 KB · Views: 397
  • rctimer-code.PNG
    rctimer-code.PNG
    79.5 KB · Views: 214

jfro

Aerial Fun
After reading about the Fixhawk here on multirotor forums, I bought one to replace one of my 2 Pixhawks that I crashed which caused the gps connection to come off the Pixhawk which is surfaced mounted and not fixable.

Anyway, it took forever to get here and after having problems getting the calibration done, I decided to change the GPS puck. Pulling out the wire pulled out the connector off the fixhawk on the GPS connection. Then as I was pulling the other wires off, one more felt like the connector loosened.

Obviously a bad day on the assembly line for the Fixhawk.

Put in a Paypal complaint of which they first offered a partial refund and after rejection, they said they'd replace it. I was traveling so couldn't send it back for a week. After thinking about it, I decided I wasn't willing to risk equipment in the air with the Fixhawk. So I escalated the Paypal complaint for a full refund. They just offered $20 off on my next purchase. Seriously?

Poor customer service loses customers. Fixhawk was never flown and just days old, it's an obvious solder failure.

I'm not sure what else I may have bought from them, but one other product I bought was an x6 frame of which had the cheapest motor mounts I've ever seen. I cracked one on my first flights on a flip over on take off. My bad. Then I bought another and found another crack after less than 2-3 flights. This was on 2" FC tube arms with 3520 motors. I ended up 3d printing my own motor mounts and it works ok now.

Based on my two experiences with RCTimer clone type products, I would not recommend them as a dealer. I assume since they use the name Fixhawk, they are not a licensed open source legitimate producer of the Pixhawk open source project.

Fernando

Thanks for your comments, jfro. I actually was considering RCtimer to get the FC, but finally went to a local dealer and got a Pixhack (another clone). And I'm quite happy with it. the thing I'm not happy with is the motors & ESCs, which should have arrived a long time ago from Banggood. But they managed to loose them. No I'm in your same ordeal with the refund/resend, etc. But then, I've bought over 20 times there and this is the first time they've failed, so I'm not very unhappy, except for the fact that I can't get really started with the build...