NEW CONTEST! Home A'drone! Design/Build/Fly/Enter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
It's time for a new contest! Truth be told, this is my favorite part of running MultiRotorForums.com.....when I get the chance to shake down an otherwise unsuspecting manufacturer or vendor for prize donations and then award them to one of you for amazing us with your exemplary creative skills!

This time we've shaken down Hobbyking.com and we've shaken them down good! The prize package is winner-takes-all.....
Turnigy TGY-i10 ten channel telemetry radio system
Quanum V2 FPV Goggles
Quanum Q58-2 5.8 ghz 40ch 200 mw video transmitter
Quanum 5.8 ghz 32 ch video receiver
Turnigy 2K HD Action Camera
SK Lightning 480 Quad Frame

Approximate value, $425!!!!!

Entering is easy, find something around the house, the more unusual the better. Use four 250 FPV spec racing motors (1806-2300kv) and 3 or 4S power to build a quad.

Design it, build it, FLY IT! and then make a video showing off your handiwork. Other than that, there aren't any additional rules. If you know me at all, you know that your creativity will weigh heavily in whether you win or lose. Don't just grab the first thing you see, search high and low, in the dustiest bins and darkest corners to find that one certain discarded relic that would be the perfect quad frame!

ENTRIES TO BE MADE BY POSTING VIDEO LINKS TO THIS THREAD NO EARLIER THAN MARCH 18TH AND NO LATER THAN APRIL 1!

Your entry video must have MultiRotorForums.com in the video title or prominently displayed in the opening frames of the video.

We'll pick the top five and then the MultiRotorForums.com membership will pick the winner via onsite polling! Good luck!

It doesn't have to fly well but it's bonus if it does! Winning entrant will be interviewed live on "Drone" Radio Live, our soon to be award-winning (as soon as you start watching it!) live webcast where we feature all that is good in the world of "drones"!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Check back here for updates as we answer the inevitable questions and clarifications.

Bartman

I hope so!

We actually talked about this a long long time ago, let's see if you remember!

sledge57

This sounds fun, got to see what motors I have for my 250... Already have something in mind, hope it's not too heavy :D

smuench

The video says at 3:06 to use "1806 2300" but the post says Use four 250 FPV spec racing motors (2306-2300kv), can you confirm which is correct?

Bartman

The video says at 3:06 to use "1806 2300" but the post says Use four 250 FPV spec racing motors (2306-2300kv), can you confirm which is correct?
it was a typo in the post above, not the video....the correct motors to use are the 1806-2300kv ones.

Thanks for catching that!

Bartman

The Turnigy TGY-i10 radio got here yesterday, I'll poist a quick review by the end of the week. Heading to Florida this evening for the Florida Jets event in Lakeland.

Bartman

yes it's open to international members but we'd ask that you pay shipping if you win as Indonesia would be a very expensive shipping bill.

Bartman

Oh well my 250 motors are not going to work, no flying guitar neck I guess :mad:
if you have the rest of the stuff @sledge57 I've got four motors I'll send you. i bought a few sets for racers that I haven't had time to build.

pm me with your mailing address and I'll send them out on Wednesday
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

How are you guys doing with this? I'm getting the feeling we should extend the deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.