DJI Phantom 4 Official Owners' Thread

SamaraMedia

@fltundra Went for a little flight this morning. Air temp around 38 F, battery temp when landing at 20% - 37 C.

Wish I had checked that while on vacation in Aruba, would have been a better comparison for air temp...

fltundra

@fltundra Went for a little flight this morning. Air temp around 38 F, battery temp when landing at 20% - 37 C.

Wish I had checked that while on vacation in Aruba, would have been a better comparison for air temp...

What I'm seeing is not good, as temperatures start to rise around the country the Phantom 4's lipos are going to be in the danger zone in anything above 90 degrees.
Flew mine indoors at 72 deg and lipo temps were a lot less, but didn't do a full discharge.
When I asked on another forum. They either don't know, or are just ignoring me.

fltundra

Will do. I have a colleague that just got a P4, he says he's been seeing temps in the low to mid 40's on his.
Make sure he records what the ambient temp was. Flew a full pack this morning again indoors at 72 DegF to 28%, temp peaked at 53 deg C or 127.4 F. Nowhere near 60C+ I am seeing outdoors. It will be interesting to see how they all fare as it heats up over the coming summer months.

Last edited by a moderator:

snurre

Looking for propeller guards for the Phantom 4.
Are there dedicated guards for Phantom 4 or are they identical as for Phantom 3?

Edit. Nope, tried Ph3 guards today. No joy. So where's the prop guards for P4? I noticed the recent FW update deactivates obstacle avoidance when it detects prop guards mounted, which indicates that prop guards are or will be available to P4.

I got an indoor job for the P4 where the prop guards might be desirable...

Tom

Edit 2/ 19 apr 2016
And so they arrived. Yay!
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4-propeller-guard

Last edited by a moderator: