Hoffman Island Mission Accomplished

Outstanding! We even got a little hang time when you got there. Nice job. I could think up a few challenges for you but I would hate to see you lose your phantom.

fltundra

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 283
Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
fltundra, i'd have deleted his posts if they were technically illegal. where he's flying the airspace starts at 1500 ft AGL (above ground level) and goes up to the 7000' ceiling of New York's Class B airspace. Notice the notation on the chart with the 70 over the 15, that's what that means. I don't think it's illegal to fly under the Class B airspace as that is where a lot of VFR (Visual Flight Rules) traffic goes to circumnavigate the area. Since you posted a pic of a low level helicopter chart I'm guessing you know how to read it?

@UASDRONE I'll be honest, I don't like what you're doing or how you're presenting it. It looks like you're having fun and learning a lot which is great and the true purpose of this website but flying up to cargo ships and then following them is a horrible activity to do with your drones and will likely land you in a lot of trouble. Aircraft are required to stay 500' away from manmade structures and a ship is a manmade structure. I can't say if the FAA would choose to enforce that or not but if I were in one of those ships and saw your Phantom following me I'd definitely shoot it and claim self defense. There are enough crazy people in the world that it isn't hard to imagine your Phantom making ship crews nervous and that will eventually generate a complaint which could result in more regulation or a violation for you. I also notice that you've now monetized your youtube account and ads are appearing before your videos. If what you're doing is trying to make money now and not just having fun then your videos will be deleted if we find the content to be a bad representation of "drone" activity.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Thanks man stay tuned for more when the weather calms down :oops:

for what it's worth, i just started flying GA again and where @UASDRONE is flying there is a lot of low level GA traffic entering and exiting the Hudson River VFR corridor (the route for flying up and down the Hudson River for NYC sightseeing flights). I'll be out there flying as soon as the weather improves and it'll annoy me as much as anyone else to see a "drone" flying too close or not giving way to manned aircraft. People flying from NJ to enter the Hudson VFR corridor from the South will pass right over Hoffman Island as they aim for the center of the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, probably at 500 to 1000 ft of altitude.

fltundra

fltundra, i'd have deleted his posts if they were technically illegal. where he's flying the airspace starts at 1500 ft AGL (above ground level) and goes up to the 7000' ceiling of New York's Class B airspace. Notice the notation on the chart with the 70 over the 15, that's what that means. I don't think it's illegal to fly under the Class B airspace as that is where a lot of VFR (Visual Flight Rules) traffic goes to circumnavigate the area. Since you posted a pic of a low level helicopter chart I'm guessing you know how to read it?

@UASDRONE I'll be honest, I don't like what you're doing or how you're presenting it. It looks like you're having fun and learning a lot which is great and the true purpose of this website but flying up to cargo ships and then following them is a horrible activity to do with your drones and will likely land you in a lot of trouble. Aircraft are required to stay 500' away from manmade structures and a ship is a manmade structure. I can't say if the FAA would choose to enforce that or not but if I were in one of those ships and saw your Phantom following me I'd definitely shoot it and claim self defense. There are enough crazy people in the world that it isn't hard to imagine your Phantom making ship crews nervous and that will eventually generate a complaint which could result in more regulation or a violation for you. I also notice that you've now monetized your youtube account and ads are appearing before your videos. If what you're doing is trying to make money now and not just having fun then your videos will be deleted if we find the content to be a bad representation of "drone" activity.
All the places he took off from and the islands are National Park restricted.

View attachment 27528

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 262

UASDRONE

Do you realize your flying in controlled airspace??

View attachment 27527
Let's not get crazy now now. First read my description on my video and comments.

UASDRONE

Just because you see ads on a video does NOT Mean I am monetizing you don't know squat about YouTube. I do this for pure fun.

fltundra

Don't add words like " He's flying" "took off from and the islands" You don't know what your talking about bud. I am not going to keep talking about this what does this have to do with the topic on this thread. "Troll"
Can't fix stupid!:)

UASDRONE

And what kind of moderator are you by posting carp like this for everyone to see. Did it make you feel good to try and trash my channel? Hater

SamaraMedia

@fltundra has been a member here since 2014 with over 700 usefully posts with tips to get many newbies and experienced flyers on track, if anyone is a "troll" it would be you.

Bart runs a first class site where many of the pros who were the first to gain Section 333 exemptions posted valuable info for a budding community of like minded people looking to advance this hobby/industry to a safe place.

fltundra

As far as I'm concerned, it's irresponsible to fly under any class B airspace, in any major city is just asking for trouble with all the GA traffic. Many times in flight following I've been asked to descend to 300 ft to avoid other aircraft transitioning below Miami's B airspace. Last thing I want to have to worry about is a phantom in my windscreen.

jbrumberg

FWIW, this O/O is being "received" at RCG in a whole different perspective; not based on responsible operation. :(