Aeronavics / Droidworx Thoughts..

smartaquad

Last week I had an interview with a big production gear rental company and he dropped this little dagger in to my heart when I told him that soon we would have a Red Lifting chopper:
There is not that much demand for that service any more, as the gap between the small cameras offering 4k and the big production cameras is getting smaller. I offer several drone companies to my clients and many of these would happily work with an inspire x5, maybe not the very high end clients but most of them, 90%.
They prefer to pay cheaper price for an inspire X5 than to pay a higher price for a Sony A7sii.

So my question is, is it worth keeping a 13kg 1mtr diameter chopper,20kg of massive batteries,a case for controllers and screen, a case for the gimbal , aka, a pain in he neck to move around with when only 10% of the clients are willing to pay the extra for a different camera with different lens choice etc?

I'm a step away, and believe me, I feel like stepping in to the dark side, of selling the bundle and getting an Inspire x5R , witch should take care of the 10% of higher end clients.

Any of you been here?

Regards

churchill

You're right. Go for the DJI inspire x5R.

I think even Aeronavics knows it.
I tried to order parts for weeks now and they don't even return emails.
They are busy with there new models and i think that they are for the agriculture.

dazzab

I'd have to agree unfortunately. I spent years getting up to speed with my SkyJib and now that I'm licensed I'm not sure how much use it will actually get compared to the Inspire. The only advantage right now is that CASA prefers octocopters due to their redundancy. But I'm sure DJI will eventually produce either a hexa or a coax type Inspire that can survive a motor loss. That's going to be a game changer for sure.