Tarot Fy680 esc calibration

CJ Stone

Please can anyone help, i have bought a fy680 tarot and after a long troubleshooting and consultation session with others i was told that i need to recalibrate the esc's as some esc's spool up faster than others even over 60%

Can anyone please tell me how i should calibrate the esc's ?

What i tried was to disconnect one esc from the hex and plug it into a different receiver of the same type, i then powered up the receiver and the hex but it it seems like the esc is not responding to throttle input ie it could be the the flight controller is preventing power to the motors ? Do i need to arm the whole copter just to calibrate one esc separately ? it has the gemini m zero controller in.

CJ Stone

Ok i was told to use the ZeroUAV PC or Android Application for callibration, would this be the best way to calibrate esc's ?

Chalagi

I would plug one esc into the throttle channel of the receiver that you have bound to your radio. And just calibrate each esc one at a time.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Hi CJ, assuming your using the proper esc's for your flight controller and your radio transmitter and receiver are bound,
try this-

With the propellors off and the power off to both hex and radio, unplug all motor servo connectors from flight controller-JUST MOTOR servo connectors.

Start with motor one, plug motor one esc servo connector into your throttle channel of your receiver

Plug in the battery to your hex but don't turn on your radio

On your radio, place the throttle stick all the way to the top

Power on your radio, you'll hear a series of tones

Once you hear a single tone, move your throttle stick all the way down, you'll hear a single tone, once you hear that, unplug your hex, turn off your radio.

Don't worry, if you don't get it on the first try, sometimes the tones are hard to hear but they'll repeat the tones until the throttle stick is moved down. But wait for a single tone before moving the stick down.

Done, now move on to motor number 2 and repeat.

All esc calibration is doing is telling the esc what max and minimum throttle is on your radio.

Hope that helps