Darwin at work again?

Old Man

"Journalists" are not known for their punctuation skills. A comma or two would be helpful in making a decent line break.

Once again a harmless 2lb phantom, this is a total non story. Let's arrest the guy who causes no damage or injury simply because of anti drone hype. But crash a crane and kill someone and you won't be arrested.

Once again a harmless 2lb phantom, this is a total non story. Let's arrest the guy who causes no damage or injury simply because of anti drone hype. But crash a crane and kill someone and you won't be arrested.
Your logic defies logic. Maybe you could pass me a little of what you're smoking?

Your logic defies logic. Maybe you could pass me a little of what you're smoking?
you do realize that a construction crane fell in Manhattan the same day and killed someone and no arrest were made for that. perhaps we are worried a little to much about a small drone that is more than likely never going to cause any serious harm or injury

This article wasn't presented to expose the dangers posed by drones but the lack of common sense by the operator. No one is saying drones are or are not dangerous just the douche bag operators that lack any foresight as to the negative public perception that their actions bring. We're being lumped in and judged with a group of people who only care about their own narcissistic wants.

ProfEngr

*pot stirring* My 'narcissistic wants' at least don't involve endangering others, but could be close to running afoul of fed dot gov's illegal edicts. :rolleyes:

Old Man

Where I'm at rain is so common we become ecstatic when it isn't raining. In the Pacific Northwest a good weather report will state there's a 5% chance of sun at some point during the day. Of course that will be offset by the rest of the weather forcast that mentions the rest of the day will consist of wind, rain, snow, and freezing rain....

As for no arrests in the crane death, who do they arrest? How knowledgeable are the cops in setting up mobile cranes? Enough to make the call on whose fault it was? What if the operator was killed and he was the one that dies, do they arrest the corpse? I saw a video of the incident and it sure looked like the operator had over extended the boom for what he was lifting. It didn't make much sense to set up a crane so distant from the pick point just to assure an intersection remained clear.

As for the drone hitting the Empire State Building, that wasn't much of a deal in an of itself but I do believe New York City passed a law prohibiting their use inside the city. Once that was done people fly there at their own peril. So the guy was arrested pretty much for being stupid, a condition his Twitter account strongly supports. Of course there's no law that prohibits anyone from being stupid but unfortunately there's also nothing to insulate them from fall out of the stupid things stupid people do.

Last edited by a moderator: