Newb building u580 pro, need guidance

Please give me a critique of this setup.
multir%20setup.jpg

jbrumberg

Welcome hellbilly75. Out of curiosity what are your mixed flight, and active flight flighttimes?

JD- As I understand eCalc if one inputs AUW the individual component weights are irrelevant and the program will put its own "weights" in the respective boxes.

I have read a lot of complaints about the accuracy of eCalc predictions. In my particular situation the predicted performance was pretty close to actual performance. I really am not sure I trust the "prop finder" largest prop size recommendations.

jbrumberg

hb75-

That's part of the fun, and eCalc lets one play around with component "mix" and provide relatively reasonable performance estimates.

For a point of comparison, my build's AUW is ~1800 grams (and growing heavier faster than I am): I have a slightly modified Turnigy HAL "585". I run 30A esc's on 1000Kv motors, with a 3S 4000mAh 30/35C battery turning what works best for my build 9"X4.5" props, and I get ~11 minutes of flight time with active flying.

Your basic information seems workable. What are your goals for your project? I am assuming AP with those props.

Buy cheap props like those GemFans in the beginning and upgrade to better props when your prop "losses" seem reasonable.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Hi billy75, you should double check your weights, a 16000mah 4s is closer to 1600 grams, or am I not reading that right?

Ok, so here's what I ended up with:

hmf u580 pro
sunnysky v3508 700kv motors
hobbywing 40a xrotor escs
hkpilot32 flight controller package (gps,telemetry radios,pwr mod., ect.)
Taranis plus tx
frsky x8r rx
apc multirotor mr props 13" 5.5
craft and theory telemetry cable
4s batteries

actual all-up weight with multistar 16000mah 4s battery-- 2.8 kilo

Just took it's maiden flight. A little windy but all went well. It flies great but waiting for less wind to autotune. Hovered around for 32 minutes on the 16000 mah battery and stopped with 3.77 volts per cell. Pretty happy with that! Much better than ecalc estimated.