Strange behaviour on yaw

Ti@goo

This is the first time in months this has happened, and now it does it all the time.

Still not sure if the "drift" has its origin on the gimbal or the X8.

I have a Wookong and phobotic controller on custom gimbal

What do you guys think?

Ti@goo

After some tests, I´m almost certain this has its origin on the frame and not on the gimbal.

has this happenned to anyone??

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
are you talking about those little ticks back and forth?

are you sure the heli is stable in yaw? you can test it by hovering about ten feet off the ground and then hammering the throttle. if it's good it will shoot up without yawing too heavily in one direction or another. if the helicopter is struggling to maintain stability in yaw the camera mount might suffer as a result

Ti@goo

Those little ticks right and letft...

It was good before.. Don´t know what changed!

I mounted a gopro on the frame, and what I see is the copter doing these little ticks, and gimbal has a consequence of the "follow mode" does the same..

Did a video with a gopro attached to the frame..

Ti@goo

So, already have changed the Wookong IMU, for a V1 and a V2, and it has the problem. Then changed GPS, and it still continues!

It is possible to be an ESC or a motor??

Ti@goo

Appreciate the reply.

Its not different then it was before, so I don`t think that is the cause. But yes I have the alignment and its ok

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
For what ever it's worth i had a y6 with the first wookong and i had a really bad yaw issue I could never get rid of. The motors were very aligned. Don't know the answer but i cansay when I switched to the Hoverfly Pro I never had that issue again.

Stacky

I have found that if my esc's have for some unknown reason drifted out of throttle calibration I get yaw issues. Its a long shot but try doing the throttle calibration again on your esc's.

Ti@goo

It was the first time I was able to test this YAW issue after doing the ESC calibration.. And it still happens.

Should I change them all??

Ti@goo

Finally was able to find the reason for this YAW problem. Changed all my ESCs and the problem stopped.
Now what is the best way to find that one ESC that was causing the problem?