Eurousc flight assessment - general advice needed

Jonnyess

Hi All,

I have at last managed to put together my Ops Manual and have had it accepted. My next step therefore is the flight assessment. I shall go to the site near warwick for it. Having now read the list of required skills, and more importantly, the list of operationally correct procedures required, I am feeling a little daunted. Can any of you offer up any words of guidance or a description of how it went for you and what you felt they were looking for on the day. There is a suggestion that I pay more (MORE!) money to go through some extra classes to help with preparation, but this is already becoming an expensive thing, and I'm not keen to throw more funds at it unless the opinion out there is that it is actually worthwhile.

Any thoughts would be most welcome. Many thanks in advance. All the best and happy flying,

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Firstly and biggest thing is to just relax about it- it's not a quarter as bad as you think it is. Secondly, dont bother spending any more just turn up and go for it. Thirdly, you will find the examiner is likley to be very chilled and great at making you feel relaxed, they are not there to fail you. Lastly, all they want to see from you primarily is that you are following your own procedures as per your manual and as you wrote it there cant be any tricks so to speak. Yes they will be looking at your flying but not with a microscope- just purely to see that you are flying it safely. There are no points for speed so go slow, methodical and thoughtfully and you will pass with ease. Know what to do if there is an incursion as they will throw this at you and that's about that. Sorry, the last thing they will do is a return to home test but then that's pretty much out of your hands anyway. Good luck and remember......chill ooooooooot.

Jonnyess

Thanks both of you for the reassuring replies. Now to start my revision of the Ops Manual to discover what exactly my correct course of action is in case of an incursion....

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Thanks both of you for the reassuring replies. Now to start my revision of the Ops Manual to discover what exactly my correct course of action is in case of an incursion....

There should be only one course of action, descend! Ground incursion just move away from it/them, or hover and let the ground crew deal with it.