XAircraft Is Xaircraft Technical support gone? I need help.

mspencer1

I own three super x octos. Two of them have some leveling issues. They don't like to return to a perfectly level. As a result the GPS has a hard time controlling its position. It always want to bank slightly right. On controller did this right out of the box while the other controller took a little longer to develop the problem. I've contacted technical support a aircraft several times now and zero response. Does anyone know whats happening?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
if you go through the other posts here in the Xaircraft sub forum you'll find the guy that is the Australian distributor, or was maybe? make another post to this thread but put his username in the post with an @ before his username in order to alert him to the post
like this

@mspencer1

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
It is not ideal and yes they seem to have decided only the Asian market is what they want! Australia and the marketing division is no longer there and that means english speaking support is also gone.

From their primary web site in China http://xaircraft.com/en/contactus you can try this for support Techical Support: support@xaircraft.com

Good luck, let us know how you make out

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I'm assuming you have tried (and re-tried) calibrations to correct the issue? Just figured I'd ask.

Sadly the tech support is very limited, if not completely non-existent. Who did you purchase the SXs from? I upgraded an SX fairly recently to Octo through BuddyRC. There were some issues getting the upgrade to take - but BuddyRC was able to get ahold of xaircraft and get it straightened around. Perhaps your retailer could help?

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
Please let the Forum know if and what you get from XAircraft.
All but a few of our clients have had to move away from SuperX when their SuperX units started acting weird....
Their attempts at contacting XAircraft lead nowhere...
As it currently stands, it appears that XAircraft is no longer supporting or selling SuperX or the OSD in the USA.
IHMO......Historically, back to the of FC-1212 days.... they seem to sell stuff & then disappear into the woodwork after a big fight(s) with their dealers & distributors....
Based on their website, the SuperX and MiniX are "hidden" under "earlier products"... as though they are legacy....
Please keep us informed.....

SamaraMedia

Please let the Forum know if and what you get from XAircraft.
All but a few of our clients have had to move away from SuperX when their SuperX units started acting weird....
Their attempts at contacting XAircraft lead nowhere...
As it currently stands, it appears that XAircraft is no longer supporting or selling SuperX or the OSD in the USA.
IHMO......Historically, back to the of FC-1212 days.... they seem to sell stuff & then disappear into the woodwork after a big fight(s) with their dealers & distributors....
Based on their website, the SuperX and MiniX are "hidden" under "earlier products"... as though they are legacy....
Please keep us informed.....

What did your clients move into to replace the SuperX?

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
Nearly all use A2.
We have a few trying Pixhawk PX4.
I really wish there were other options as simple as A2.... that just work.... with the quality of build components & components all in plastic cases with DJI quality wiring....
I wish there was a dumb basic gain style PX4.... without individual PID.... that was packaged like DJI...
The way the RTF market is going, I doubt my wishes will ever come true... They are all focusing on the RTF market...

SamaraMedia

Thanks Andrew, kind of figured as much since there ain't much else out there for options these days. I'll keep using the SuperX on my hex but probably will opt for an A2 for a possible X8 winter build.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
if anyone's super interested, i might cut my A2 loose from it's current mount and sell it. it's very low time, never crashed.

mspencer1

I'm assuming you have tried (and re-tried) calibrations to correct the issue? Just figured I'd ask.

Sadly the tech support is very limited, if not completely non-existent. Who did you purchase the SXs from? I upgraded an SX fairly recently to Octo through BuddyRC. There were some issues getting the upgrade to take - but BuddyRC was able to get ahold of xaircraft and get it straightened around. Perhaps your retailer could help?
I purchased from X Aircraft America.

mspencer1

It is not ideal and yes they seem to have decided only the Asian market is what they want! Australia and the marketing division is no longer there and that means english speaking support is also gone.

From their primary web site in China http://xaircraft.com/en/contactus you can try this for support Techical Support: support@xaircraft.com

Good luck, let us know how you make out
I've contacted their primary support email several times and no response. I'm not sure what to do. After reading this thread, I understand there is a calibration file i'll need to get? The only other option is to abandon the controller. That really sucks to since these are very stable controllers.

SamaraMedia

I would try contacting BuddyRC, they still sell the SuperX and I thought I read here that they were able help someone with a recent upgrade issue. My dealings with them have always been positive.

traxx2003

msspencer &jwoike, I believe I may have the calibration file you will need to correct the drifting tendency of the Super X. Let me look into my backup files for my computer and see if I still have it. I had a similar problem with a Super X right out of the box last year, and after several email exchanges with cnchelicopter.com XAircraft emailed me a file that corrected the issue. By the way this is what my SuperX was doing out of the box.
Here is a video of my Align M480 with a left hand drift that happened every time I released the control sticks.

traxx2003

Ok, I found the email with the file that you will need to flash on the Super X. After doing this, my SupeX stop drifting to the left whenever I let go of the controls. Keep in mind however, that I had the basic version of the SuperX. Not sure if this will make any difference since you have the pro version. This are the instructions I got with the "STATUS" file that you will have to delete.

Jose:go following:

> 1. Delete old STATUS file from CFG folder, and copy the new one to CFG.
> 2. Disconnect battery.
> 3. Put flight controller static on a desk. And don't touch it avoid any vibration in continuing steps.
> 5. Plug battery to power up the Flight controller.
> 6. Ignor the LED flashing and just let it stay static. In first few seconds, may be 30 seconds or more, the LED is off, don't worry about it.
> 7 Ignor the LED flashing, wait for the LED tunes to be solid green.
> 8. when LED is solid green. reboot and redo the sampling, we can check the calibration result by reading the log.

when do steps above, must be no virbration, process time around several minutes

Jeff S.
xmseller xmhobbies
www.cnchelicopter.com

traxx2003

Guys, for some reason the forum is not leting me attached the calibration file. I can email it to both of you if you can provide me your email. You can also email me at rrotaryjoe@yahoo.com and I will reply back with the calibration file. Ihope this will fix your Super X.