Zenmuse GH4 Set Up

Giovanni59

I have searched and could not find much help on my set up issues so I created this new post.

First issue is when camera is mounted the rubber eye cup hits the gimbal when tilting down. I have searched and read conflicting solutions. One is to remove the cup and the other claims if you remove the cup it will throw the balance off and therefore the vertical post has shifted and must be loosened by the two screws and slide it down so the camera clears when tilting. I opted for the second option since lowering that part does not effect the balance of the gimbal.

The second issue (so far) is once the camera is mounted it is not balanced. I was under the impression, and the instructions confirm this, that the gimbal comes pre balanced for the GH4 and the Olympus 12mm lens of which I have. Taking the lens cap off does not improve anything.

So, am I too adjust the horizontal bar and balance it myself? It seems the tilt balance is good.
Please if there is anyone who uses Zenmuse please help. I am surprised there is not more info on the forums about these issues, I thought Zenmuse was very popular.

Thanks

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
John,

I'm surprised you're having a problem with it. Is there anything non-stock about your GH4 or lens?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Most (I have had 3 GH4 ZEN's) do not come balanced. (even though they say they do - WHAT DJI lie about something?!??! ) You will need to adjust them a smidgen. Not a big deal, just carefully listen the hex screws and do one axis at a time. Even the one that I got that seemed balanced, I made sure and got much better results from my rig.
Start with the roll, then the tilt then the pan. Should take you 5 min.

Giovanni59

The camera is completely the way it came with the Olympus lens. It seems that the camera is too high, top heavy in terms of COG.
I am not seeing where the adjustment is for roll, but then I still have the camera mounted, I will take it off and inspect. Pitch balance seems pretty good. What adjustment is there for pan? Uploading a small video to You Tube, will post the link when done. Shows how the balance is off.

Giovanni59

Here is the video. I see now what to loosen to rotate the horizontal bar down. I then need to change the angles of the arms so they are parallel with horizon. The 2mm hex screws are hard to get to, I don't have a long 2mm

Giovanni59

titan-1-4-inch-drive-offset-ratchet
I forgot I had this great mini ratchet that get's in there really good. Just have to be careful I don't tighten too much and break the screw. Balance is perfect now. Thanks

Giovanni59

Bart, I am having trouble figuring out how ans where to mount the Lightbridge TX in conjunction with the Zenmuse GCU.
Do you know of any build photos that can help?

Giovanni59

I have worked out most issues and am now searching why I cannot get picture through zenmuse and Lightbridge..
I hooked up an hdmi cable directly out of the camera into lightbridge and I get a picture on the ground station but not when I go through the installed hdmi cable that goes through zenmuse. I have a red video light. I switched the option to gh3 in assistant (there is no gh4 option)
Any suggestions?