Props protection

Ti@goo

Started looking for propellers protection, because I usually transport my X8 in my car (Renault clio). It only need one little hit for the prop to go to the garbage. And with the price of these props... :confused:

Never thought they would be so expensive, so decided to make my own.
fotografia_1_2_640x478.jpg
fotografia_3_1_640x478.jpg

What do you think?

Old Man

They work. Similar have been used on giant scale plane propellers for a long time. The only difference is ours lay flat instead of vertical, and ours are more fragile.

violetwolf

I agree with Hoki about removing them. I generally remove mine during transit. It forces me to inspect motors and props and ensure they're tightened etc.

Nice socks though :)

They will probably work just remember there is a CW and a CCW one depending on which way your prop turns. You need both. I installed them on a large MR that I built but haven't taken them off yet. I need to mark them some how so to avoid the mental exercise as to which ones go where. If there backwards your props will fall off when you spool up to take off. That would be embarrassing. lol.

Ti@goo

From the reviews I saw in Hobbyking, wich are the same, they are not good quality and can easily come off :confused:

Ti@goo

That`s to too bad. It would be really good if they workd allright

I guess its just a matter of finding similar items but with more quality.

violetwolf

Have a look at FoxTech. I know Mr. Fu went through a few iterations with customer feedback helping to bring the quality of theirs up to standards. I haven't used them myself though.

Pumpkinguy

I use quick release prop adapters, stick my cf props into the tmotor bags and they go in a pelican case. Too expensive to have them banged around.