Motor Failure Tolerance?

DLien

Can anyone provide any info on which A2 multi-rotor configurations will tolerate a motor failure?

By "tolerate" I mean that a motor can fail and the rig will remain airborne and will remain controllable. I know that DJI began supporting motor failures with the WKM on X6 ships in course lock a couple years back, before the S900/S1000 were released.

I have been through the A2 manual a few times and there is no mention of it or I am just plain missing it.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I've not used the A2 but my WKM has dealt very well with motor failures on my S900. Had three separate motor failures and each time it did as was advertised, lost yaw control but everything else functioned perfectly.

Pumpkinguy

I've not used the A2 but my WKM has dealt very well with motor failures on my S900. Had three separate motor failures and each time it did as was advertised, lost yaw control but everything else functioned perfectly.

do you actually loose yaw control or does it go into a spin that you can counter act with opposite yaw input?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
No, you are not supposed to counter it apparently. Losing yaw serves the purpose of conserving power, power that would be used to maintain yaw, available to maintain altitude and attitude.

When it happened I used RTH to bring it back over the home point, but took control of the landing.