FAA Announces Small UAS Registration Rule

All good comments. Its not so much the fact that were in another database as oldman said were all registered, monitored and cross-connected in everyway possible so its not likely any harm will come from this. It's just that enough is enough, this is just one more unnecessary thing, what will be the straw that finally breaks the proverbial camels back.

Old Man

Or, civil disobedience if you're really gutsy. What's that quote about standing together or hanging separately? :rolleyes:

The Great Seal of the United States has an example of that quote with the eagle holding a number of arrows in one claw, signifying that a group together is stronger than one.

Old Man

All good comments. Its not so much the fact that were in another database as oldman said were all registered, monitored and cross-connected in everyway possible so its not likely any harm will come from this. It's just that enough is enough, this is just one more unnecessary thing, what will be the straw that finally breaks the proverbial camels back.

That straw is not likely to be found. Think about the frog in a pot of cool water on the stove as the heat is turned on only slightly. Because of the slow, incremental increase the frog doesn't noticed he's being cooked alive until it's too late. That's what's happening here at home, everything is being done very slowly and nothing is being done that excites the entire population at once. A group here, a class of people there, with very small and different changes over time that individually seem innocuous but in combination have great impact. Most people think and plan on a monthly or at best annual scale and don't have the capacity to project beyond that but finance, corporate, and politics plans on a 2, 4, and 10 year scale. The Chinese plan on a century scale.

ProfEngr

Based on the summaries at the bottom of the analysis, it looks like the regs are here to stay. It'll take someone or some body (AMA? nah.) with deep pockets to get it nullified.

Old Man

The registration website won't be active until the 21st so the new forms may not be complete yet. Lets hope it won't follow the same format as used with full scale stuff. In those you have to go through ownership and potential previous foreign ownership. You can view those at the aircraft registration portion of FAA.gov.

aopen3434@hotmail.com

http://offthegridwater.ca
FAA jurisdiction if you comply they do have jurisdiction for sure if you do not comply the do not have a leg to stand on! I am mean as a group not as an individual . The legal action they taking about is civil same civil court used to steal lawful people`s money! Not a criminal offence to not comply! I suspect you need to do more than not comply to warrant a criminal charge ! You need to break the criminal code!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
hey guys, the government conspiracy stuff is getting a little old. there must be a libertarian site or somewhere that it can be discussed but let's please keep the conversations focused on the facts while maintaining our normal civil disposition.

it would be very much appreciated!

Bart

Av8Chuck

Pretty much, but where's the law that states a person has to have a credit card before they are considered a real person to the government? The requirement of a Social Security number pretty much handles that. Parts of this law stink to high heaven. Perhaps the card and the SS number info are passed on to the IRS to link them together. When you consider the personal info files for millions of people that applied for a security clearance were hacked in a government database by the Chinese you might wonder how secure that credit card account info will be maintained by the same people that left the door open the last time..

EVERYONE should mail in their $5 in pennies. Make the bastards count them.

aopen3434@hotmail.com

http://offthegridwater.ca
For this reason USA going down the tubes your forefathers died for your rights, noted in your constitution you wont even stand up for them ! FAA does not have clear jurisdiction and the AMA has that pointed out & has asked AMA members not to Register!
The FAA needs to follow the proper process to implement new law! New stile of government not supported by your constitution where government agency unaccountable to no one just make up rules and regulations enforced as law!

hey guys, the government conspiracy stuff is getting a little old. there must be a libertarian site or somewhere that it can be discussed but let's please keep the conversations focused on the facts while maintaining our normal civil disposition.

it would be very much appreciated!

Bart

econfly

News to me:
The FAA finally confirmed this afternoon that model aircraft registrants’ names and home addresses will be public. In an email message, the FAA stated "Until the drone registry system is modified, the FAA will not release names and address. When the drone registry system is modified to permit public searches of registration numbers, names and addresses will be revealed through those searches."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngog...in-drone-registry-will-be-publicly-available/

F

fengshuidrone

Oh well, I'm flying in public and not in secret. My number will be right on the side of the quad to look it up if needed. I'm assuming that is why they want it there? So it can be looked up on the registry? It would stand to follow that these records are public. I will just look at it like another price I'm paying to fly.

Old Man

Pretty much the standard practice in the aircraft registry now. You can look up any tail number to see who it's registered to. Did that with the number from a real pretty civilian helicopter I saw in Iraq. Turned out it was owned by some shell corp out of Virginia...

econfly

That's interesting. Do you know if this process requires registering as an individual, or can one register as a corp?

F

fengshuidrone

EVERYONE should mail in their $5 in pennies. Make the bastards count them.
If they give a way to pay with cash I plan on sending them my fee in quarters (just because I have a few in a jar I can afford to part with.) Then they can refund me by check I guess.

F

fengshuidrone

That's interesting. Do you know if this process requires registering as an individual, or can one register as a corp?
If you register as a corp. I would assume you will be required to get the 333 exemption as a consequence. Unless you can explain all about your corporate registered model drone not used in business.