Foxeer Legend 1 1080P 60fps HD Action Cam

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Good morning folks,

Unboxed a Foxeer Legend 1 this morning and am going through the software, features, imaging quality, etc. and so far it looks like it shoots a nice picture, updating the firmware is another story. If you've got one and would like to join in, please do! If you've updated your firmware to 1.6, please share with me how to do it as the download page at Foxeer.com says to follow the instructions but I can't seem to find any!

Thanks!
Bart

Bartman

I'm running a Windows 8.1 laptop and I wasn't able to get my Legend 1 camera to update using the PC method. For sake of figuring out how to make it work I'll keep trying but I think I did get it to update using the Micro SD Card method.

For the card method it appears you just download the folder from Foxeer.com and unzip it. There's a .VLS media file that I copied to a micro SD Card. With the card inserted in the Legend 1 camera I powered it up and it seemed to go through a routine I hadn't seen before and now appears to be ready to go again. Since I can't get the camera to connect to the Foxeer 1.6 interface software I can't confirm that I've successfully updated the firmware.

I'll take another look at it tomorrow. If anyone has been through this already and can shine some light on it, please do! :)

Thanks,
Bart

Bartman

new firmware update ver 1.7 released, website should reflect it very soon

http://foxeer.com/support.html

It is said to repair working FOV and WB, improve sharpness, fix the power off issue, white flashes are still there in some cases

frogman1206

I have the Legend 1 and was able to update to 1.7 via the SD card. I haven't really got it out on the race quad yet but I have mounted it on a cap and filmed a flight and done a few other short clips with it. So far I'm very impressed. 1080/60p for $5 less than a Mobius that only does 30p. The footage looked clearer and more fluid than Mobius. I would put it on par with a GoPro 2 and definitely as good or better than the many cheap GoPro clones.