GH3/4 Lenses

Vermiform

For those of you toting a GH3 or GH4, what lens(es) do you fly the most? Why?

What are your favorites for filming on the ground?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com

Vermiform

For ground work get a Speedbooster and use Canon EF mount lenses.
I LOVE the Rokinon14mm T3.1 Cine ED AS IF UMC Lens for Canon EF Mount on the GH4 on my Movi.
It's wide enough to capture awesome and yet doesn't distort.

I've been looking hard at all of those. I've noticed Rokinon makes a few MFT lenses as well. Is the main reason you are using the Metabones is that it opens up a larger variety of lenses for you?

Was that Slash at the beginning?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I've been looking hard at all of those. I've noticed Rokinon makes a few MFT lenses as well. Is the main reason you are using the Metabones is that it opens up a larger variety of lenses for you?

Was that Slash at the beginning?

1) I use Canon C100 and C300's so the canon lenses make sense, but also yes, better quality glass and more of it in the EF mount. The speed booster/adaptor adds 1 stop of speed, so that 3.1F lens is now a 2.1F, so much better at low light and a better DOF.

3) That was "FaSlash" - Fake Slash... that was a free concert series at the beach here in Cleveland all summer.Usually coverbands that played all kinds of music to keep everyone happy. :D

Pumpkinguy

very worthy of your consideration and when you compare cost vs ef mount canon with speed booster you are way ahead of the game. much more compact and lighter too. http://www.veydra.com

Google around for sponsored and non sponsored reviews. They are all impressive. Cheers

Chris

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
very worthy of your consideration and when you compare cost vs ef mount canon with speed booster you are way ahead of the game. much more compact and lighter too. http://www.veydra.com

Google around for sponsored and non sponsored reviews. They are all impressive. Cheers

Chris

Veydra promo video, to save you guys the click. I never heard of them before so thanks for the post Chris

Pumpkinguy

I have mentioned them here a couple times. I have the 16mm and it seems to be a good focal lenght for aerial.
The 12mm was delayed a year to get it perfect and is just being released now.
Awesome lenses for a reasonable price and ideal for our applications.
The founder of veydra answers emails personally. Wow. What a concept. LolView attachment 26313

Attachments

• 20150811_223341.jpg
    20150811_223341.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 313

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
Olympus 12mm f2.0 is the bomb. I had a director who's doing a documentary solely on RED stuff ask me if I could fly one of his REDs. I took a look at some of the footage he had, and I said I was pretty sure I could match up his stuff on my GH4/Oly 12 rig. Sure enough, he was blown away.