Can't arm Naza in GPS mode

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
if you arm the motors in ATTI or Manual mode can you switch GPS on and not have it throw back an error code?

i don't know if NAZA now prohibits arming in GPS mode, i'd have to look it up

unknownid

Just tried. Armed fine in atti, switched to GPS and it immediately dearmed. Im not sure where i'd find an error code. I've never seen one yet.

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
Connect to DJI Naza Assistant & verify that the switch movement align with each mode.
It sounds like the servo endpoints need adjusted and when you switch to GPS it is actually moving to Failsafe....
This is my best guess.

unknownid

This is very helpful thank you and kind of where I thought there was an issue. I am not super familiar with the taranis but I am trying to read as much documentation as possible. This is my channel mixer in Naza. Can you give me a hand or point me in the right direction where I can change the end points? http://i.imgur.com/fWwKJke.png The other directions hit 1000, you can see these ones are a problme. Does this mean I will have to adjust 3 channels?

Thanks man

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
You need to go to this tab and watch the U-Channel movement with the switch.
You need to adjust the Channel in the TX that is controlling the U-channel.
Adjust the endpoint so that each switch position lights up the correct box blue and the pointer is centered in each box.
View attachment 25783

This video also shows how it should act.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Aug. 07 15.13.jpg
    ScreenHunter_01 Aug. 07 15.13.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 375

unknownid

Ahhh I see. Mine appears to do that properly. I move the switch and each highlights blue from GPS > ATTI > MAN

At the bottom of the assistance the mode also updates properly going from GPS Atti > Atti > Manual

STI-REX

Gettin Old
do you live within the restriction zone near an airport

Not too sure about how close to an airport I think 5 km's may be the linit to major one and the Gps will prevent you from flying in any mode other than manual or ATTI

I thought the Gps needed to be unplugged to work around the airport/gps limitations but I have never had the need to try it to find out