Testing copter by tying between chairs

Jussi

i think I read the idea hear before where you first test the copter by tying between 2 chairs to see if it flip over or not. A few questions.

1. Is there a video of this

2. How much slack do you give it? Is it super tight to where the rope is nearly horizontal or do you let the copter hang down a bit. If the latter, how much?

3. Do you support the base by putting a piece of wood underneath it?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Thanks for posting that @Stacky !

the video below was made by @peabody124 , an original developer on the OpenPilot project

due to privacy settings the video may not display, if not you'll have to go to the vimeo site to view it.

F

fengshuidrone

He must have had it set as quad + because in quad x it wouldn't act like that and he'd need all four props on to keep it responding properly. As long as your only pid tuning in quad + that'll work. I wouldn't try it in between two chairs though, especially with all the props on. My 10 inch bladed quad pulled over a motorcycle frame (at least 120 lbs) when it was tied between it and my workbench. The quad flew into the workbench which was too heavy for even me to move. Good illustration of PID effects though. Yeah, and that monster chicken at the end. He needed that in there. Yep...:eek:;):)

Last edited: