Hexacrafter X8 - Finished and Ready for Service!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 9.01.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 9.01.30 PM.png
    239.3 KB · Views: 339

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Are you uploading 4k for a client? If it's for us boneheads around here, you know transcoding to 1080 won't make the horizon look like its drifting, right? ;)

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Yea, it's for a big presentation on Monday for a big client, this guy is the brand manager for like 10 of Clevelands biggest developers. I had a 15 minute window of "no people" to safely fly. But I got some really nice shots.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Ah. That's different I guess. Do you have clients that are actually viewing the 4k on 4k monitors/TVs?

Glad you got the shots safely. Land those whales!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Ah. That's different I guess. Do you have clients that are actually viewing the 4k on 4k monitors/TVs?

Glad you got the shots safely. Land those whales!

Yea... big ass 90+" 4K TV in the super pimp office. These dudes don;t play, they want people to lose their minds when they are selling them a $1000000000 house.

Great write up Sleepy, only thing I can see that could be improved is the diameter of the vibration isolation system. Increasing the size of the vibration plates could cut down on the leverage of the gimbal. I could be wrong though.

Cheers,

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Great write up Sleepy, only thing I can see that could be improved is the diameter of the vibration isolation system. Increasing the size of the vibration plates could cut down on the leverage of the gimbal. I could be wrong though.

Cheers,

Actually Andrew had that vib dam specifically designed around the M5 and the weight of a GH4+lens. Like MAJOR loot was spent making the perfect system for this exact set up. The blue balls are not "off the shelf" rubber, they were tuned to the weight and size of the gimbal and the resonant frequency of the frame. Andrew was not playing around.

scotth

The Hexacrafter vibration system has worked perfectly on my HO-1250 with an M5/GH4 and M5/Dragon. I did have some unrelated tuning issues with the M5 and GH4, but the Red was solid with little effort. Andrew provided me with a combination of rubber isolators so I could fly a range of weights without swapping anything out.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I was solo on this one, had the 2nd radio on the case and was only able to tilt it slightly as my cam op was not available.