Falcon Drone System Frame plates.

fltundra

I think the heat dissipation, especially for motors like KDE that have heat dissipation designed into the bell, may be unnecessary for the mounts.

My motors never get warm enough to feel like they need additional help from the mounts.
Not with my findings . My motors were 30 to 40 deg warmer minimum with aerial mob plastic mounts on my lightweight rig. Motors with aimdroix aluminum, they run cold and you can with out a doubt feel the heat being dissipated especially on a 94 deg day like today. Same props, weight, and current draw.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Again, really depends on whether you need it.

My motors run cool with the Vulcan CF mounts. But I'm flying mellow and not pushing it at all.

If there is a situation that could use the extra dissipation - by all means it would be wise to have every little bit of help.

k5beason

Any altitude hold issues in forward flight with the XAircraft? Looking for a solution. My pixhawk and from my reading Wookong, A2 all have issues holding altitude with the X8 Config.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Any altitude hold issues in forward flight with the XAircraft? Looking for a solution. My pixhawk and from my reading Wookong, A2 all have issues holding altitude with the X8 Config.

A2 and SuperX fly fine. But i've been flying RC for 30 years so I don;t know if they have an issues, I just fly them. :D

fltundra

There are no issues at all with mine holding altitude on my quad, and it will eventually be on an X8.
View attachment 25351

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 211
Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
SleepyC - are these yours our Tom's? Would like to know which KDE motors on the smaller rig and what brand CF props those are? I don't recognize the logo on the tip.

Those are Toms. My rig has Avroto 3515's. (Avroto IMO make some of the best motors out there)

Racerx1962

The triple props are Tarot 15.52 nylon props w/ KDE 3520 400KV motors... The smaller copter has no-name T style CF 14.55s on top and 13.65s on bottom; they're mated to DYS 4114 400KV motors.

Filthy

@Racerx1962 - Wondering what type of AUW do you fly with on that setup with the nylon triple Tarot's? I'm trying to figure out if there's big difference between those and full carbon blades for 22-24 lbs AUW.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
@Racerx1962 - Wondering what type of AUW do you fly with on that setup with the nylon triple Tarot's? I'm trying to figure out if there's big difference between those and full carbon blades for 22-24 lbs AUW.

HUGE difference. At least for me. I was flying the 3 blades on a rig that weighed 16 lbs and it was fine, on my 22b X8 on an A2 it was un flyable (almost) the props were bending and the motors were working almost 25% harder than when we strapped T-motor CF 2 blade props on them. @Hexacrafter can weigh in as well, we were puzzled at why the rig was behaving so badly, we switched props and it was a new machine.

If anyone wants to try the 3 blades I have a set for an X8 and a set for a Y6/Hex... make you some killer deals!

Racerx1962

I'm flying w/ 8.5kg w/ trips and have had no issues... Sleepy, do you think carbon fiber trips would fix the issue on the bigger rigs?