Falcon Drone System Frame plates.

SamaraMedia

I believe for both...I hope...that's my interpretation..."CF plates alone"

Maybe he will clarify with you in your email.

fltundra

I'm currently using booms from Vulcan UAV but have just sourced a supplier to manufacture my own; they will be available in anodized red, black and silver. Hopefully I'll have them on hand in a few weeks. Until then, I offer the Vulcans in lengths of 350 mm ($21 each) and 500 mm ($26 each).
How does the weight, wall thickness, and dimensions compare to the standard Vulcan aluminum booms?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
This is what I've learned from Tom so far:

The F1 CF plates alone are $125... They are 2.5 mm thick. They are designed for rectangular or square tubing. I'm currently using booms from Vulcan UAV but have just sourced a supplier to manufacture my own; they will be available in anodized red, black and silver. Hopefully I'll have them on hand in a few weeks. Until then, I offer the Vulcans in lengths of 350 mm ($21 each) and 500 mm ($26 each).

I don't know how much the motor mounts are. Sweet looking frames and pretty reasonable imo.

The frame plates are worth every penny. I can not stress to you enough how stiff this carbon is. Really High quality. The only nicer carbon I have ever seen is the Hexacrafter frame. But compared to the stock vulcan frame plates, it's a no brainer.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Did you add on any extras? Apparently there are some battery trays etc.

They have the ears already - not sure I'd need anything more than that.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Did you add on any extras? Apparently there are some battery trays etc.

They have the ears already - not sure I'd need anything more than that.

I did not, I just got the two plates and the little "spacers" that allow you to mount the Tarot retracts. (I think they are included in the price cause you'd them to hide the bolts and allow the retracts to mount flush.)

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com

Attachments

• IMG_3162.JPG
    IMG_3162.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_3163.JPG
    IMG_3163.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_3164.JPG
    IMG_3164.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_3165.JPG
    IMG_3165.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 328

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I think the heat dissipation, especially for motors like KDE that have heat dissipation designed into the bell, may be unnecessary for the mounts.

My motors never get warm enough to feel like they need additional help from the mounts.

fltundra

"So...Is Carbon Fiber a good heat conductor?
As usual the answer is "it depends." The short answer is NO not when regular carbon fiber is made up in regular epoxy and expected to conduct heat across the thickness. IF a highly carbonized pan fiber with graphite or diamond added, is measured for heat transmission in the length of the fiber it is very good and can rival and exceed copper."