Video & Stills

Johnb80

Hi,
Thank you to everyone so far for the great advice I have received.
I have decided on a Hexacraft platform either hex or oct with a DJI A2 controller. I now need to decide on the gimbal and camera system.
The movi M5 has been recommended as the very best but of course it comes at a price but it's not ruled out! From the camera what I want to achieve is HD Movie, hi Quality stills and the ability to select in flight. So for example I could fly FPV taking HD video as I go, line up a shot, stop the HD, take a high quality still and then start the HD filming again, can this be done? Do I need 2 cameras? Can stills be framed via FPV?
I have been considering Canon 5D but Sony and Panasonic have also been recommended.
Any other Gimbal options?

Thanks in advance.

John

Johnb80

can i ask what is driving your choice of camera?
Canon has a good reputation, I know the 5D can do video and stills and I've been told I can achieve what I'm wanting to do with it I.e. Switch modes whilst airborne. I'm hoping someone will confirm this or otherwise, I am completely open to suggestions. I have pretty much ruled out GoPro because of the dreadful fish eye type of distortion that occurs. The Sony that was recommended did have better resolution but I don't know about switching modes etc.

Thanks - John