INSPIRE 1 Firmware Version (V1.2.1.03) Update Notice

A new firmware update (V1.2.1.03) is now available for Inspire 1. Please visit http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download to download and update your Inspire 1.

Overview:

1. All-in-One Firmware version updated to: v1.2.1.03

2. DJI Pilot app iOS version updated to: v1.1.1

3. DJI Pilot app Android version updated to: v1.1.0

Major Updates:

1. Reduced moire pattern in camera images.

2. Added support for YouTube live streaming.

3. Added support for the DJI Pilot app’s Director function.

4. Reduced power consumption of the Intelligent Flight Battery when it is powered off to protect the battery.

5. Solved issue of the remote controller occasionally powering off automatically when using firmware v1.2.1.0.

Kilby

I've been seeing a lot of reports o line of this version causing I1s to fall from the sky with a sudden power loss. Batteries are dropping in voltage reported back to the user by as much as 50% instantly, causing it to drop like a brick. Anyone seen this first hand? I'm grounding my flights until I confirm its no longer an issue.

jfro

Aerial Fun
I'm grounded to, but for different reason. 3 months ownership, camera problem plus bricked remote. Just got it back yesterday from dji, 8 weeks after I sent it in to the day. That was sent in after a replacement camera and remote from dealer.

Did the updates and charged up 4 batteries (the battery drops are reported to be from flying partially charged batteries, not full ones supposedly). Flew 2 flights on default camera settings of 30p at 4k.

All hell broke loose when I tried to change camera settings. No go, hangups, camera errors, etc....... Inspire from hell.

They want it back again. I asked for refund. NO
I asked for replacement unit which I'd pay for and they could refund when the receive mine back. NO

I asked a supervisor if he'd heard of any one with so many problems... and he said no.

I say, can't you do anything for me, this thing doesn't work. Sorry. We can expedite it, which to me means another 3-4 weeks.

In regards to the batteries going from 50 to 0, the prudent thing is to always fly with freshly charged battery and maybe don't fly over water. Also I'd try to record flights in case worse case happens.

They have admitted to some issues, so they are aware, they just don't admit much.

In my case, it's the worse customer service policies I've ever encountered, I'm starting retirement soon if that helps with how long I've been around. It's a new world when this large a company can put out beta software and have 2 months warranty service and few if any parts available.

Kilby

New firmware just came out yesterday. It seems to be ok so far. I know that the partially charged packs were being blamed, but that is a cop out at best. In the real world, you don't always get the chance to always fly with a fresh pack. I do countless jobs where I might get the shot I need in less than 5 minutes, then move to a new location to get the next one. If I had to put a fresh pack in every time I took off I would need 100 of them on set! Funny how my "dumb batteries" for all the other aircraft we have can operate with any charge, yet the "Smart Batteries" that DJI makes seem to have all the hicups!

Good luck on your second return, @jfro. I hope they get your sorted out this time. There are certainly bad units coming off the assembly line. Our first Inspire had issues with the gimbal going crooked at certain points throughout the yaw travel. We just got a second one and it's night and day difference in the gimbal horizon. I was convinced that they all had issues, but I think they just proved me wrong.

-Terry

Javajack

Java Post Aerial Photo
I can confirm a battery drop situation. We were flying over water and had 30% when the battery dropped to 7%. I was able to make it to shore. We always fully charge batteries but this was our second location and had already used 70% of the battery. We should have had plenty of power for the shot but ended up cutting it close.