Just getting started

Quadboy

I'm new, just joined and haven't flown yet but will in two days. I'm waiting for my first two quadcopters to arrive on Friday. At least one of them will; the other may be later. I've ordered a Hubsan X4 H107L and a Syma X5 Explorer. The Hubsan will be here for sure on Friday. I'm not yet interested in cameras, but perhaps later. I don't even take photos with my phone much. I just wanna play!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Hello there Quadboy! Welcome aboard.

Sounds like you e got a barrel of fun coming your way. Glad to see you chose to learn on a slightly smaller scale before diving into the deep end :)

I'm in Vermont, and I see you're up in Maine. Hope you're finally seeing the good weather after this endless winter! :)

Enjoy the forum, and be sure to keep us updated on your adventures.

Quadboy

Thanks. It's been over 80F the last two days and expected to be today also. I have a backyard weather station here which uploads to the web, so I can monitor wind speed and direction (even on my smartphone) which should help me to know when outdoor flying is safe. I just ordered a prop guard for the Hubsan, which I forgot to order originally. The Syma will come with one.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Having accurate weather info is key. I'm lucky enough to have a small airport nearby that reports accurately.

The weather has been pretty sweet around here the past few days - of course I was away, so missed the first glimpses of outdoor freedom :)

Quadboy

I flew my Hubsan a bit indoors but I soon decided to wait for the prop guard I ordered before any further flight. I'm still waiting for it and my Syma X5.

On mobile using Tapatalk

JGalera

Never used a Syma X5, but I have a Hubsan h107c. Incredible and stable flying machine. But the L version is more agile and have longer flight time. No video, more fun!

Tapatalk on Moto X

Quadboy

I flew both today. I'm not very good at it yet but I know how to land them properly when I'm about to crash. The Syma seems much easier to fly. Bigger is easier I guess.

On mobile using Tapatalk