InfinityMR Universal high performance gimbal for GH4/A7S size cameras

jakuban

Today's test video from reinforced s900 with e1200 motors + infinityMR with sony a6000 + Sel1855

Great! Taking into account that S900 creates quite lots of vibrations I am impressed with the result. I love to watch all different configuration of multirotors and cameras where InfinityMR is used. It just makes me sure about "how much InfinityMR" is an universal gimbal :)
BTW, great weather, isn't it?:)

jakuban

InfinityMR after facelift :)

InfinityMR_1-1024x683.jpg

InfinityMR_2-1024x683.jpg

InfinityMR_3-1024x683.jpg

InfinityMR_4-1024x683.jpg

InfinityMR_6-1024x683.jpg

InfinityMR_7-1024x683.jpg

InfinityMR_11-1024x683.jpg

jfro

Aerial Fun
Tom, looked pretty good. Anyway to see this full screen?

What's your opinion on using the CP vs AM w/ encoders? Once set up, are they comparable in their initial video quality all things else being equal?

tombrown1

Shoot, sorry, can't figure out - embed settings are set to show the full-screen icon, and in Vimeo it shows the full-screen button. I set it to show the vimeo button which you can click on to go to the page.

I liked AM/encoders better, but the AM crapped out on a job - absolute nightmare. Most embarrassing thing that's happened to us. Short or something - still need to follow up to get a new one - not sure if I want a new one though.

Phobotic has horizon issues which I've just been fixing in post - downscaling from 4K to 1080 we can do that, but wish we didn't have to.

Still waiting patiently for the long-ago promised fw update for Phobotic. Apparently they're also trying to hawk a new imu soon too. Really frustrated with this thing - a LOT of money that hasn't paid off on its promises.

jfro

Aerial Fun
I did go to Vimeo and watch it full screen. Looks good. As an end user watching it on 15" laptop screen, I don't think I could nit pick any faults so both gimbals and controllers seem to deliver a usable finished product that would satisfy many clients Might look at it later on a large screen tv to see if I can see anything.

I have some 32 bit AM boards but no encoder motors yet. I have 2 CP's and am relatively satisfied with them except for they are real finicky as to what type of gimbal they are on...

Since you have a s800 and Mantis, I assume you have a back up rig. Not sure why it would be to terribly embarrassing if something malfunctioned. If this is why you used both gimbals on the job, I'd bet your client didn't have too much problem assuming you didn't have deadline issues on delivering the finished product......

Anyway, again, the academy video looks good. Nice setting they have there.

jakuban

Tom, video looks great!
Can you tell what goes wrong with AM? I think we have your unit some time ago in our facility to upgrade to AM controller. Send me an email and I will try to help.
Again, video is great and I love to watch such results.

SamaraMedia

Looked good full screen Tom, couldn't see it earlier, needed a password.

One thing I don't see from many videos is a shot where you pan down while moving forward, sideways, backward etc...as you follow a subject of object. How do your gimbals react in that situation as far as horizon drift?

I haven't had my Tarot X6 with Quadframe DSLR gimbal out for a while. Has CP installed for a Sony XRB580 handicam, the horizon seemed to be ok on most movements but I get a hiccup on the tilt when I pan down. I'm figuring it is mostly gimbal setup, not fond of the framework which can easily be out of square causing some binding on the roll and tilt axis.

Really like Jakub's gimbal design and hope to make a decision on a GH4 style gimbal soon.

tombrown1

I did go to Vimeo and watch it full screen. Looks good. As an end user watching it on 15" laptop screen, I don't think I could nit pick any faults so both gimbals and controllers seem to deliver a usable finished product that would satisfy many clients Might look at it later on a large screen tv to see if I can see anything.

I have some 32 bit AM boards but no encoder motors yet. I have 2 CP's and am relatively satisfied with them except for they are real finicky as to what type of gimbal they are on...

Since you have a s800 and Mantis, I assume you have a back up rig. Not sure why it would be to terribly embarrassing if something malfunctioned. If this is why you used both gimbals on the job, I'd bet your client didn't have too much problem assuming you didn't have deadline issues on delivering the finished product......

Anyway, again, the academy video looks good. Nice setting they have there.

Misprint in my sig - it's a S1000. We only brought one rig to the shoot - we use a different gimbal on each rig - long story. We came back later and finished - at a discount.

Thanks for the kind words!

tombrown1

Tom, video looks great!
Can you tell what goes wrong with AM? I think we have your unit some time ago in our facility to upgrade to AM controller. Send me an email and I will try to help.
Again, video is great and I love to watch such results.

Jakub, I told you about this a few months ago, and you sent back a detailed message of how I can send it back - I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

Quick plug for Jakub - This gimbal is bulletproof, easily the best gimbal I've ever used. Couldn't be happier. And it's a pleasure dealing with Jakub, who is just an enterprising guy who decided to start a business, like many of us. Much rather give him my money than DJI. High-end workmanship and top quality customer service.

tombrown1

Looked good full screen Tom, couldn't see it earlier, needed a password.

One thing I don't see from many videos is a shot where you pan down while moving forward, sideways, backward etc...as you follow a subject of object. How do your gimbals react in that situation as far as horizon drift?

I haven't had my Tarot X6 with Quadframe DSLR gimbal out for a while. Has CP installed for a Sony XRB580 handicam, the horizon seemed to be ok on most movements but I get a hiccup on the tilt when I pan down. I'm figuring it is mostly gimbal setup, not fond of the framework which can easily be out of square causing some binding on the roll and tilt axis.

Really like Jakub's gimbal design and hope to make a decision on a GH4 style gimbal soon.

CP doesn't like looking down very much. Gimbal is fine with it - just need to deal with CP or AM - both frustrating in their own ways. I've given up on horizon with CP - just can't do direction changes in the middle of a clip (which we don't do anyway) and the horizon will at least stay consistent - fixable in post.

jakuban

Tom, thank you for such a kind words, I appreciate that a lot!
And when you decide to send it back, just let me know and we will fix it!

jakuban

One from my customers, Ondrej, wrote to me and let me post this:

Here you can look at some test shoots from your gimbal - there is no stabilisation added in postproduction. Except the horizong tilting during yaw, its almost perfect from my point of view :)