InfinityMR Universal high performance gimbal for GH4/A7S size cameras

Mactadpole

What cameras will this model handle? Think you mentioned before but I forgot.
I see Jakub is offline so I grabbed the info below from a post awhile back. Hopefully Jakub will chime in if any of this has changed.

Just a quick reminder about InfinityMR-S:
1. Supported cameras: up. 800g (max. width 120mm; max hight: 80mm). You can still use HDMI port even if your camera is 120mm width.
2. Suggest cameras: BlackMagic Micro / Sony RX100 I-IV / Sony As6000 and similar size/weight cameras.
3. Gimbal weight: arround 800g (including antivibration system)
4. Controller: AlexMos with encoders
5. Gimbal will be delivered assembled and ready to use
6. Operating voltage: 3-4S Li-po battery
7. Quick, toolless ballancing system
8. Built in Orbit-S antivibration system
9. Materials: aluminium, carbon fiber
10. Motors: dedicaded encoder motors
11. Construction: unique, light-weight, rigid design

tombrown1

Actually, on a better look, stabilization is not near as good as Phobotic. I think it is my settings, which I will work on. The footage we recently shot is going to look great after a bit of post stab, but I know it can be better. Probably won't have anything for you for a couple weeks, this is a big project.

Best,

Tom

Did the AM AutoTune, and stabilization was at least as good as Phobotic! But....for some unexplainable reason the AM crapped out on us mid-flight this morning. More work to be done, so we're switching back to Phobotic. Argh......somebody please make something that works and doesn't cost as much as M5!

What is the minimum required ground clearance from the center of the 12mm mounting rails to hang the InfinityMR with orbital damping system on an airframe and still have full movement functionality while sitting on the ground? Concerned with ensuring there's enough clearance to perform full tilt with a GH4 and typical lens (as pictured in demo videos on your site) while parked on a level surface. Thanks!

jakuban

Hi there!
We have a terrible autumn here in Poland... Because of rains and winds I couldn't find time to record video that would show performance of a final production unit of InfinityMR-S. I couldn't wait more so today during the break in the rain I took InfinityMR-S for a short ride. I know the video is boring, but at least it shows how the gimbal performs in such a huge wind. What is important about the flight - I hovered copter sideways to the wind so the wind was hit a gimbal from a side (where the gimbal has the biggest area). Another important thing is that something wrong is going on with this multirotor I was using (sometimes it starts to dance without any control), you can see that around 2 minute of the video (It is best seen from a GoPro view) – this is why I was a bit scared to fly more dynamically as I used to do…

For someone who is using drones and gimbals this video will tell a lot about InfinityMR-S. I know it is not the best "promo video", but I put more attention to stabilisation quality than marketing. So... enjoy the video and tell me if you like it:)

I used for this test Sony A6000 + Sony Vario-Tessar E 4/17-70. Total weight was 680.

Note that multirotor doesn't have any damping system, so all vibrations are eliminated by Orbit damping system.

As usual – raw file available for download from Vimeo. Download it if you have any doubts about the Vimeo quality.

Of course more videos are coming, hopefully the weather will be better.

Chuck26287 - you need arroung 29-30cm.

SamaraMedia

Looks pretty good for the wind gust you're flying in :) I was flying in that type of wind for a job with my F550 hex, did OK but was interesting at times to say the least.

Is that an X8 in this test?

The best is becoming WAY better ;)

75mm lens test:

SamurAchzar said:
The Strata IMU is shown here for the first time. It's unparalleled in performance and has a completely new structure compared to the legacy IMUs used throughout this market. It will be backwards compatible with all our CP/CPHV boards.

This is by far the most significant firmware version since the CP started selling. The changes are new IMU/horizon calibration procedures (first and only in this market), new temperature control, new control algorithms, startup times cut by ~70%. Many changes have been made, and many more to come. This upgrade unlocks such capabilities that it could be considered CP v2 (or something like that).

We are experimenting with extremely long range gimbals now, the new firmware platform enables us things that weren't possible before.

jakuban

Looks good! And InfinityMR does its job too :)
Few months ago I did similar test, but this one was with AM, 80,5mm and S900:

SamaraMedia

Yes, but without encoders.

Looks really nice Samur! On the Vimeo page it says shot with Nikon 50mm lens, what camera was this on? I own the original CP so what would I have to do to upgrade to the Strata IMU? At first I was going to say the footage didn't look focused, which for the most part it's not, but then I realized when you were landing the rig it was focused just about 15 ft away...

Have you tried this setup with the encoders? I heard of one person using them on his after the AM board fried.

Look forward to more great results with this combo!

John

It's a Nikon D5200, so not particularly light either (about GH4 size).
Strata is a direct upgrade. You disconnect the Spectar IMU, and put the Strata on. It's the same bolt pattern too.

This video was filmed without encoders. We will have encoder support in v2000.

SamaraMedia

When will it be available and how much? Do you like the Nikon and what made you test with that camera? I shoot them for a living (on the ground) but have not considered them for the air.

Thanks.

I have this D5200 for a long time. It's a nice camera all in all, but no match for a GH4 on the video side. However it does allow interesting lens choices and simulating near GH4 weight. I wouldn't use it professionally though.

The Strata should be around $300-$400, depending on the final pricing we get for the components. Most would be still served fine by the basic Spectar we ship with our boards, this IMU is oriented towards the "making a living from gimbals" market :)

jakuban

Limited flash sale for InfinityMR.
10% discount + free international shipping.
http://hdairstudio.com/product/infinity-multirotror-gimbal/

Coupon code: buymenow

1070427-kopia-1024x576.jpg