InfinityMR Universal high performance gimbal for GH4/A7S size cameras

jakuban

Seems coming very good!
But don't you think it will be overkill 800g for a camera + lens that will weight 355 ?
Also the new Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera will be very small, how InfinityMR-S could be perfect for it?
Do you see room for make it lighter?
I don't think it is too heavy. Zenmuse for Nex5 is 1.3kg...
Weight of good gimbal is related to its rigidity and materials it is built from.
InfinityMR-S is an universal gimbal.
I understand you want to use small lens with BM Micro, but I bet there will be many people that want to use bigger lenses.
I don't want to go in Zenmuse direction where you can use only one camera. So it is always the question of some compromises.
Anyway I hope I will get even smaller weight than 800g but I don't want to promise anything now.

jakuban

Will the InfinityMR-S have the orbit dampening system? It looks like the standard system in the pic.

Looks great and I like the weight!

Thanks!
Yes, Orbit damping system will be included. Previous photo was old, here you can see updated.
New softer dumpers will be included with InfinityMR-S.

InfinityMR-S_2-Kopia-1024x775.jpg

tombrown1

Just wanted to let you guys know that we did our first serious flying with AM and Encoders on the MR after previously using the Phobotic.

Stabilization on AM is excellent. Phobotic also has excellent stabilization. The horizon on AM is quite a bit better than Phobotic, but still not perfect. Strange thing I'm noticing about the encoders is that it seems to be necessary to level the camera perfectly while it's being turned on. If that is done correctly, and gyro trust is up around 225, then horizon is quite good.

So to sum up, I think AM is a smidge better than Phobotic right now because of horizon and cost. Phobotic is much easier to set up - autotune works much better. Phobotic is also a ton more expensive.

Still hanging on to my Phobotic to see if this new fw will be a revolutionary fix for horizon like they are claiming.

Best,

Tom

Florian Knobel

Hello Jakuban, Hello evereone,

Aktually i seach a new gimbal for my S900 to replace the Zenmuse Z15 for more flexibelity (and less dependence from the extrem slow DJI service). At my search i found the InfitiyMR and this Thread... and what I read (and see in the clips) here, looks very good! ;)

But i miss two small thinks for my "professional" application for smaller cameras (at the moment Sony A7 series)...

1. an Quickreleas similar to the new Hexadrone.fr Magnesium QR (https://www.facebook.com/hexadrone/photos/pcb.630549787047984/630548553714774/?type=3) ... to use the InfinityMR for several operation situations "multirotor, steadycam, cabelcam, jib...". But i think, ther is no problem to upgrade the InfinityMR Gimbal with the hexadron Quickreleas mount...

2. The slipring option for the YAW axes, to supply the gimbal directly from the copter with power without an additonal lipo and free 360° movmend. "But i think that is problematic wiht the encorder... or what do you think Jakuban?" Or an fix-fastening point position for an small lipo pack.

What do you think about this two positions?

thanks and regards

Florian

violetwolf

I would also recommend against the slip-ring idea if you're planning to move your gimbal between systems. It's a lot easier if the battery is on board the gimbal itself so it travels with the complete unit, rather than having battery setups (and slip-rings) on all the devices.. less cost and faster change over. The battery is slung directly under the yaw motor for the least inertial effect. This is how I rig my systems and it works great. I can change over to handheld in literally 15-20 seconds with all my TX , RX's , Downlinks, and Telemetry going with it.

jakuban

Hi there!
Have you seen this? I am completelly amazed with the result that Jorg got.
"I did some lens tests - on my Olympus zoom I used 14mm, 25mm and 42mm"
When it comes to quick release system for now I don't plan anything like that. You can replace screws for thumb-screws and within 1 minute gimbal can be easily dismounted/mounted.
Slipring can't be used with InfinityMR right now. Possibly before the end of a year there will an option to upgrade yaw axis for a new mechanism with new motor and slip ring. I am not sure that for 100%.
But what I am sure about is that right now we are working hard on a new professional multirotor and new gimbal. They will be available as a complete system. Gimbal will be mounted with quick-release system and slipring to reduce the weight. Maximum AUW of multirotor = 14kg. We are going to show it this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

tombrown1

Knut, nice video, want more ;)
Tom, any videos from you after coversion from CP to AM?

Actually, on a better look, stabilization is not near as good as Phobotic. I think it is my settings, which I will work on. The footage we recently shot is going to look great after a bit of post stab, but I know it can be better. Probably won't have anything for you for a couple weeks, this is a big project.

Best,

Tom

jakuban

InfinityMR-S joined his bigger brother:) Finally!

747g weight including Orbit damping system and standard 12mm tube clamps mounting system.

gimbals-1024x576.jpg

InfinityMR-S-1024x576.jpg

Mactadpole

How exactly do the tube clamps work? They look like they just slip over. Also, do they fit 155mm rail spread?

Lastly, how much and when will it be available to order on the site?

Looks great! Any chance we can get some sample video from those beta testers?

jakuban

Ohh, there are 4screws missing on the photo:) imagine there is second screw on each clamp. Right now it supports S900 mounting rails (I think it is 125mm, but probably will make the rails even longer).

Preorder is going to start within few days.

About testers videos - I will send test units these days, so videos will appears within 2-3weeks. But I will post videos from my tests this week. (I just had a dealy due to other projects...).

Edit: it is going to be 949 USD ready to use out of the box.