InfinityMR Universal high performance gimbal for GH4/A7S size cameras

jakuban

Are there now no options for the gimbal without the controller? For instance if I had my own controller, do I still need to purchase one through the shop?
From what I learned till this moment (and all units sold without controller) most users (even those experienced) have lots of problems with setting encoders, calibrating them and making gimbal working as it should. Also if you buy a gimbal without controller you still need to buy encoder licence for 40$. If anyone is very interested in non-controller gimbal version, just send me an email.

SamaraMedia

What if you have a CP control already and are considering your gimbal? Can it be purchased that way, without controller? I know you're moving more in the AM and encoder direction but looking for alternatives. Thanks.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
From what I learned till this moment (and all units sold without controller) most users (even those experienced) have lots of problems with setting encoders, calibrating them and making gimbal working as it should. Also if you buy a gimbal without controller you still need to buy encoder licence for 40$. If anyone is very interested in non-controller gimbal version, just send me an email.

Gotcha. It makes sense - I was just wondering that was still an option.

Thanks

jakuban

What if you have a CP control already and are considering your gimbal? Can it be purchased that way, without controller? I know you're moving more in the AM and encoder direction but looking for alternatives. Thanks.
As I said in previous post. If someone wants version without controller just send me an email.

tombrown1

Had a quick shoot the other day out at a corn maze. Gear is the Infinity MR with Phobotic and Samsung NX1. Rig is a S1000.

As far as stability - gimbal and Phobotic I think are Zenmuse good - absolutely stellar. I did put a little post stab on these shots, but it was very small and really not necessary - most people wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't.

As far as horizon - it was horrible. I had to rotate every single shot to varying degrees. Thankfully we were shooting 4K and could afford to lose a bit of resolution for the rotation. Really frustrating though.

Just shipped my MR back to Jakub to have him put some encoders and an AM board on. A lot of shooting coming up this fall and need to have something that works.

Great guy to work with and makes incredible gimbals at amazing weights. If you're on the fence, get one - you won't regret it.

jakuban

Hi Tom,
4K? That tells a lot:) really! Great video and editing.
Thank you for your opinion and kind words about me;) I would say it is not true, but the true is that I am doing my best to support all my customers as good as I can, so if you appreciate that, it means a lot to me.

SamaraMedia

Tom,

That doesn't look that bad but I don't know how much rotating of the video you had to do to salvage it. Thought about buying this gimbal for my Tarot X6 with my CP but sounds like you have not had a good experience with it. Still trying to decide on camera for this rig.

How do you like the NX1? Does it have HDMI or AV out?

Last edited by a moderator:

tombrown1

Infinity MR is awesome. CP is awesome, but not ready for prime time yet - hopefully this revolutionary new horizon fw will be good.

NX1 is awesome. It's their first big foray at the big boy table though, so it has a few quirks. HDMI works but has some quirks. You'll need a lens that doesn't allow auto-focus. Also, for photos you'll need to buy the gentled.

My advice, buy Infinity MR with encoders, and AM. Sony's latest has the best cam for aerials now, but it's pricey. NX1 is awesome, but has some weird quirks.

Also not a fan of your Tarot, way too many things that can go wrong with that thing. If you do fly it, be anal about regular upkeep - make sure everything is properly fastened at all times. I'm madly in love with my new S1000. That thing exceeded all expectations and flies like a dream.

Best,

Tom

SamaraMedia

I know you had a problem with your X6, sorry about that. Finally got mine dialed in with the SuperX, getting ready to slip the Quadframe DSLR/CP back on for testing. Using an old Sony Handicam HDR CX580 for now, no HDMI out that I'm aware of though so need to kind of fly blind other than a FPV pilot cam or slap a FPV cam on the camera tray with similar POV to get video feed for now. Glad the S1000 is working out for you.

I'm looking at a new frame from SkyDrone Technologies to replace the Tarot if that doesn't work out. Agree with you on the frame, not as good as I had hoped, transportable but some week links in there too.

tombrown1

Must have a cam that has some kind of video out. FPV cams are the worst. Love those Sonys that have the BOSS stabilization.

Really need to choose your entire system together. Ways to stabilize video - MR, dampening for gimbal, gimbal, gimbal controller, camera.

If your camera can dampen damn near anything - which BOSS can, then you don't have to worry so much about the other ones. If you want to use NX1 with no stab, like we do, then you need to spend more on everything else to get proper stab.

SamaraMedia

Must have a cam that has some kind of video out. FPV cams are the worst. Love those Sonys that have the BOSS stabilization.

Really need to choose your entire system together. Ways to stabilize video - MR, dampening for gimbal, gimbal, gimbal controller, camera.

If your camera can dampen damn near anything - which BOSS can, then you don't have to worry so much about the other ones. If you want to use NX1 with no stab, like we do, then you need to spend more on everything else to get proper stab.

That's part of my problem is trying to piece meal things together to keep costs down, in the end I think you spend more money, time, trouble shooting than if you buy a ARF. I have a friend with a S900, Zenmuse for the GH4 and A2 for his big gigs and loves it. You pay up front but get a package designed to work together...

tombrown1

If you go to a gig and it looks like hell because your gear stinks, then you won't get hired again. Spending more SHOULD save you money.

jakuban

Hey,
I am looking for 2 testers of InfinityMR-S.
If anyone is interested send me an email to kuba [at] hdairstudio.com
Describe shortly your experience with brushless gimbals and what kind of drone and camera you have.

Just a quick reminder about InfinityMR-S:
1. Supported cameras: up. 800g (max. width 120mm; max hight: 80mm). You can still use HDMI port even if your camera is 120mm width.
2. Suggest cameras: BlackMagic Micro / Sony RX100 I-IV / Sony As6000 and similar size/weight cameras.
3. Gimbal weight: arround 800g (including antivibration system)
4. Controller: AlexMos with encoders
5. Gimbal will be delivered assembled and ready to use
6. Operating voltage: 3-4S Li-po battery
7. Quick, toolless ballancing system
8. Built in Orbit-S antivibration system
9. Materials: aluminium, carbon fiber
10. Motors: dedicaded encoder motors
11. Construction: unique, light-weight, rigid design
12. Availability: September 2015

iceman

Hey,
I am looking for 2 testers of InfinityMR-S.
If anyone is interested send me an email to kuba [at] hdairstudio.com
Describe shortly your experience with brushless gimbals and what kind of drone and camera you have.

Just a quick reminder about InfinityMR-S:
1. Supported cameras: up. 800g (max. width 120mm; max hight: 80mm). You can still use HDMI port even if your camera is 120mm width.
2. Suggest cameras: BlackMagic Micro / Sony RX100 I-IV / Sony As6000 and similar size/weight cameras.
3. Gimbal weight: arround 800g (including antivibration system)
4. Controller: AlexMos with encoders
5. Gimbal will be delivered assembled and ready to use
6. Operating voltage: 3-4S Li-po battery
7. Quick, toolless ballancing system
8. Built in Orbit-S antivibration system
9. Materials: aluminium, carbon fiber
10. Motors: dedicaded encoder motors
11. Construction: unique, light-weight, rigid design
12. Availability: September 2015
Hi Jakuban, I have sent you an email, hopefully we will be able to help you.