InfinityMR Universal high performance gimbal for GH4/A7S size cameras

jfro

Aerial Fun
I would like to thank Aleksey, Roee and Jakub for their work with gimbals for our MR's. They (and others )have helped bring quality and cost at an affordable level. I expect to see continue new and better from both.

jakuban

I will just leave it here, for your consideration...

This is with encoders, with autotune on a sony a6000. The horizon drifts. But! This is the most user friendly gimbal I have ever tried. (among the ones that are not for one cam/optic combo only) Getting it into balance is like 2 minutes and I throwed everything on it i could find(gh4, bmpcc, various sony models etc.. ) and it's extremely easy to set up. Yes there are a lot of factors in play, but the gimbal construction is as solid as it could get. We bought five of these and we are happy.

If someone is interested in raw straight from camera files or some specific test, then just ask for it, i'll share. :)
This is a really good test kcsajtai! Thanks for your opinion! Really nice, dynamic flying and the footage is great. A await for more tests from you:)

I would like to thank Aleksey, Roee and Jakub for their work with gimbals for our MR's. They (and others )have helped bring quality and cost at an affordable level. I expect to see continue new and better from both.

Thanks for that!

tombrown1

Jakub, I understand the gimbal is the most important part - and your gimbal is NOT the source of my problems. It is very clearly the $600 Phobotic. Honestly, they need encoders and GPS, but they don't think they do. They think it's fine as is. If they just take 6 months, figure out how to integrate encoders and GPS, and release it as a finished product they'll make a fortune - but they're too damn headstrong for that.

Jakub, I understand the gimbal is the most important part - and your gimbal is NOT the source of my problems. It is very clearly the $600 Phobotic. Honestly, they need encoders and GPS, but they don't think they do. They think it's fine as is. If they just take 6 months, figure out how to integrate encoders and GPS, and release it as a finished product they'll make a fortune - but they're too damn headstrong for that.

It's not about being headstrong, its a matter of development priorities. Currently there's a single gimbal you can buy - Jakub's - with encoders, and he's working exclusively with Alexmos so its not something we will support.
Encoders would do nothing to help horizon. GPS could help but its a last line of defense, not a magical solution, and carries its own problems.
I don't think the horizon on the MoVI is greatly assisted by the GPS (I wonder how much GPS signal the MoVI MR picks up when its installed beneath a copter anyway).

Funny thing is, when someone posts on the CP thread about issues, it seems like Roee and Samur are nowhere to be found lately.

Funny thing is that I just looked over the RCG thread and I'm right there on the last page, so I have no idea what you're talking about (and neither do you).

huypng

regarding horizon drift, GPS alone is not sufficient to correct for, You should need attitude information (already fused and calculated using gyro, accel, mag, gps) from the flight controller which is the way Zenmuse used . Wait a little bit more to see our solution on this issue. Footage on Gremsy H3 will come out soon. We have been busy these days

Last edited by a moderator:

tombrown1

It's not about being headstrong, its a matter of development priorities. Currently there's a single gimbal you can buy - Jakub's - with encoders, and he's working exclusively with Alexmos so its not something we will support.
Encoders would do nothing to help horizon. GPS could help but its a last line of defense, not a magical solution, and carries its own problems.
I don't think the horizon on the MoVI is greatly assisted by the GPS (I wonder how much GPS signal the MoVI MR picks up when its installed beneath a copter anyway).

I thought the Zen and Movi used encoders. Might be wrong though.

Cp is supposed to be an out of box solution that just works. It doesnt work out of the box and requires enormous amounts of fiddling. One of my imus was out of calibration and I think the other may be as well. Auto tune works great and stabilization is great, but horizon is ridiculous. I understand I can submit reports to you and I've done that, but that is more hours I just don't have. I paid a premium price for cp so that it would just work, and it doesn't.

I was expecting a minor horizon drift of 5 degrees or so based on videos I'd seen, but it is much worse. And it may cost us work. In the meantime I'm running back to AM so we can keep working.

I thought the Zen and Movi used encoders. Might be wrong though.

Cp is supposed to be an out of box solution that just works. It doesnt work out of the box and requires enormous amounts of fiddling.
One of my imus was out of calibration and I think the other may be as well. Auto tune works great and stabilization is great, but horizon is ridiculous. I understand I can submit reports to you and I've done that, but that is more hours I just don't have. I paid a premium price for cp so that it would just work, and it doesn't.

I was expecting a minor horizon drift of 5 degrees or so based on videos I'd seen, but it is much worse. And it may cost us work. In the meantime I'm running back to AM so we can keep working.

I don't think a 40 degree horizon tilt is typical of most users (or we'd sell nothing and have no videos whatsoever).
The fact Zen and Movi use encoders have nothing to do with their horizon performance. I'm sure DJI would love to lose the encoders on their smaller gimbals but it makes the algorithms much more difficult.

Due to various constraints we haven't been able to release any major update to the horizon since we started selling in September. The IMU firmware is still where it was (version 478, the shipping version). It works in most cases, but you demonstrate that it doesn't work in all cases. All I can give now is more promises but I care about our users and there will be updates. As with the other stuff we do, once its out, it'll be the best you can buy. Won't help you now, I know, but it would sometime (if you keep your CP around, that is).

SamaraMedia

Funny thing is that I just looked over the RCG thread and I'm right there on the last page, so I have no idea what you're talking about (and neither do you).
Samur, Roee, I'm sorry if I offended you. I don't spend much time on RCG so I don't know what's going on over there but I didn't feel your participation here was as strong, I could (and probably am) wrong. I haven't been experiencing the horizon problems with my CP as other here have, I am having some issues with my pitch getting a little jittery but I'm attributing that to my hex not being finely tuned yet and the gimbal camera combination is not optimal, still getting some vibrations but overall I haven't given up on it yet. I have a video of a test flight that I will post on your thread, when I find it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

No offense taken, but customer service is something dear to my heart. We mess up at times like everyone else, but I hope its not the norm.

jakuban

It is not about exclusive support of AM, it is rather about price difference between AM and Phobotic, that for the majority of customers is huge (especially if they can't see any difference in performance).

Anyway :)
Here are hot photos of updated InfinityMR. Ready to fly out of the box, including new Orbit damping system.
Some users should get it soon, and hopefully will post their opinion :)

1070433-kopia-1024x576.jpg

1070427-kopia-1024x576.jpg

1070425-kopia-1024x576.jpg

1070420-kopia-1024x576.jpg

SamaraMedia

I will just leave it here, for your consideration...

This is with encoders, with autotune on a sony a6000. The horizon drifts. But! This is the most user friendly gimbal I have ever tried. (among the ones that are not for one cam/optic combo only) Getting it into balance is like 2 minutes and I throwed everything on it i could find(gh4, bmpcc, various sony models etc.. ) and it's extremely easy to set up. Yes there are a lot of factors in play, but the gimbal construction is as solid as it could get. We bought five of these and we are happy.

If someone is interested in raw straight from camera files or some specific test, then just ask for it, i'll share. :)

What hex you flying? Nice test footage, thanks for sharing

kcsajtai

What hex you flying? Nice test footage, thanks for sharing

DJI S900 + A2. Latest FW on everything. Nothing fancy... I personally don't really like it, but it's the no 1. choice for our customers so I play along... Next week I'm gonna be testing it on DJI s1000+, and with a Nikon D800. That's gonna be pushing it (gimbal-wise), but we'll see...

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Are there now no options for the gimbal without the controller? For instance if I had my own controller, do I still need to purchase one through the shop?

SamaraMedia

DJI S900 + A2. Latest FW on everything. Nothing fancy... I personally don't really like it, but it's the no 1. choice for our customers so I play along... Next week I'm gonna be testing it on DJI s1000+, and with a Nikon D800. That's gonna be pushing it (gimbal-wise), but we'll see...
Thanks, good luck with the Nikon!