FPV F450 fun...

vulcan2go

Some FPV fun - a bit of fast flight and some tree hugging, great fun and I went home with the 450 in once piece.

cootertwo

COOL! I have a few 250's setup for FPV, but my favorite, is my F450. It's more docile, and let's you pick your way through obstacles. With the little 250's, you kinda have to locate the opening, and shoot for it, hoping you get through. You're getting pretty good range too, what video TX are you using?

vulcan2go

Hi Cootertwo, thanks for the comments - I'm using immersion 600mw with skew planner antennas on both the vtx and vrx, good for 2km + no issue at all (not that I fly that far, it just ensures good connection and no video loss!).

cootertwo

vulcan2go, there are soooo many antenna manufactures and designs out there, if you could, send me/post a link to where you got your antennas. I also have one or two of the Immersion TX's, and two of the "Black Mamba" (2 watt ????) TX's, and about 20 different antennas. Flipped my F450 onto it's top yesterday, flying in a new place, (where'd that tree come from?), and bent the chit out of my antenna. (clover leaf), and to be honest, I have bought so many, I don't know where I got this one, but it seems to work OK. I also have an Immersion power meter, so I can measure the performance of different setups. There's a whole lot to this stuff, ain't there?

vulcan2go

Hi cootertwo, I've been flying for years now and playing about with FPV almost 4 years now so I've had my fair share of "incidents" and many lessons learnt! I have a friend of mine that makes my cloverleaf and skew planner antennas (I only use the skews on both the vtx and vrx now). He's obviously here in the UK but I can get contact details to you if you want them.

cootertwo

Not necessary, was just curious, as there are so many to choose from. Bruce on RC model Reviews has a good you tube on making antennas.