Sony a7II ?

Rickey

Owner of RT Aerial Videos
Im looking to purchase a camera for a future Multirotor build and would like some feed back from any one who's used the Sony a7 or sony a7ii.

I do Aerial Photography/Aerial Videography for Real estate agents, Real Estate Developers, Architects, and Construction companies.
Im really wanting the New a7ii mostly for Photography. However I would like to know what you think about the video quality of the a7 vs. the a7ii for Aerial Videos or if I should be looking at a different camera.
I like that the a7 is extremely flexible in low light filming conditions and that it has a full frame sensor. As I mentioned I take aerial photos for realtors and architects but I would like to start taking photos of the inside of these homes/buildings. Therefore a full frame camera is must...

I look forward to hearing what others have to say about these cameras or any others that I'm not currently looking at. I know some cameras may have just been shown at NAB over the past few days...

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
To clarify, it's the A7S that's the low light king. I own one and it's a great all around camera. never flown it though.

Rickey

Sorry yes you are correct. Only issue I had was that the a7s was only 12 megapixels... I want as many megapixels as possible so that I can do large prints for developers/home builders. I know there will be a trade off on video quality but I have more clients interested in aerial photos than video at the moment... Who knows that may change. I just don't have the budget to buy the best stills camera and best film camera so I have to find a good compromise. Thanks for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I like the built in 5 axis stabilization as you can use any lens and still get IS. The video coming out of any of these new cameras is going to be amazing. As it is a FF camera though the lenses are still pretty large compared to the MFT format. For what it's worth I sold my canon 7d and some canon glass to get the sony a7s. It is truly amazing for low light and takes photos just fine. The only real gripe is that using adapters makes the AF unusable for faster action stuff. but I have become pretty good at shooting manual shots. Your're not going to go wrong with any of the Sony's new cams. I think it's more of a question if you need internal 4k, which most of us do not.

Rickey

Yes the 5 axis stabilization was another reason I was leaning toward the Sony a7ii. Just one more feature to remove any noise from the photos and video. How are you controlling your cameras settings while flying? Or are you setting everything up then flying in manual? What multirotor are you using to Carry your a7s? I don't need 4k video as the 1080 should be better than my distorted GoPro footage anyway. Also I could always add an external recorder if I needed 4k and use a movi gimbal to carry everything. However thats going to be a long time from now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk