2015 NAB News: Blackmagic Micro Cinema Cam, Tiny, Drone-Specific Super16 RAW Camera

maxwelltub

Oh sorry, active means it has the electrical contacts to talk to the lens. So you can control lens through the camera, or sbus port in this case.

maxwelltub

yes, if your lens is an active mft equipt lens. So cine glass or older lenses have all the controls on gears or on the barrel. Active means those controls are done electronically by the camera. So canon l glass is active but obviously won't work on a MFT camera. If your lens has little brass contacts on the mount and its MFT then it is active which almost always includes focus aperture, and sometimes zoom if it is a zoom lens.

Filthy

Wrong cam. That vid is for the studio version. Different sensor, less DR, no internal recording capability. Totally different animal vs. the micro cinema version.

econfly

I canceled my Blackmagic micro order today. I knew they would never deliver on "mid-July", but thought maybe late August would be more likely. Well, it's the end of October and Blackmagic still has not delivered. With winter inbound I wouldn't get the thing in the air much until next spring, and by then I'll re-evaluate whether the micro is worth it.

Maybe they were just too optimistic with there release date but I will be watching for reviews when it finally does arrive. I would rather they get it right than release it with issues and address them after everyone complains.

Filthy

SamaraMedia

You're right, assumed it was 4/3. Still not a bad option from the money if you're trying to get a way from a GoPro.

More options too come? What you hearing?

jfro

Aerial Fun
I am sure it will be a decent camera, however, I have adequate vcameras like this. I am excited for the radio control on the micro!

SamaraMedia

After closer review, the micro has so many more useful options than the a6300 that for the same price I would agree. My 8 year old MacBook Pro could probably do without the 4k. And checking B&H this morning you're all correct that it is not available now, could have sworn about a month or two when I visited the store their site said it was available but when I looked for it I could not find it.