FPV Grand Prix (UK - Summer 2015)

Ben Cairns

FPV Grand Prix - Grimsby UK
Hi,

My name is Ben, and I live in Grimsby UK.

I am currently in the process of setting up an FPV Grand Prix this summer.

I am currently in talks with a venue who are very keen on the idea, although I have others lined up too, incase this one won't let us host it there.

I currently have Overlander Batteries confirmed as a sponsor for prizes, and am in talks with TBS, Fatshark/ImmersionRC and a few others.

Are there any FPV'rs from the UK who would be interested in attending?

Thank you,

Ben

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I'm keen. Sounds exciting.

I am also toying with the idea of a permanent drone racing site, like laser tag, where users turn up and use either our equipment or theirs. I considered buying a forest or plot of land for it.

Let me know if you need anything.

Ben Cairns

Sounds like a good idea. A dedicated course, laid out all year round would be a bonus.
People could practise all day long.

If you're keen on attending, then why not take a look at the website www.carbonrc.co.uk and you can see more details there.

Ben

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Depends on the location, but yes would be interested.
Been to the international drone festival in Halifax today.

Ben Cairns

Well, the location is set; The Grimsby Cricket Club, and the date is July 19!
www.carbonrc.co.uk/race for more details!

fpvposter.jpg

Ben Cairns

We have a new sponsor for the FPV Grand Prix in Grimsby this July!
We have just come to a deal with Runcam.

Have a look at the RuncamHD, a small (Familiar sized) action cam, perfect for mounting onto a Mini Quad!
The race will be filmed from the air, using some of the RuncamHD cameras provided by Runcam!

matwelli

Hey Ben, great looking promo poster, good to see you getting this off the ground !
Have you run any previous events ? with 10-15 pilots ? there are some learnings to be had.
Let me know if you you have any questions

Ben Cairns

Hi,

Thanks you, this is the first event of this kind, but we have a good system in place for pilot and frequency management.

We are looking to setup for 20-30 pilots over the afternoon.

matwelli

Hi,

Thanks you, this is the first event of this kind, but we have a good system in place for pilot and frequency management.

We are looking to setup for 20-30 pilots over the afternoon.

Sounds like it will be a fun day :)
One thing that gets overlooked is seperation of pilots from video transmitters, I have found 8 meters fixes most issues.
posted up our current guidelines here http://www.multirotorforums.com/threads/new-zealand-fpv-racing-rules-guidelines.24874/