Official ARRI ALEXA Mini Renters' Thread

Hi guys. I had the pleasure of being the first person in the world to fly this camera back in November. At that time it was still in early alpha testing but we all knew the moment we saw the output that this would be a huge deal. The holy grail has been to match Alexa based footage from the ground and now we can do so with this beautiful little camera head.

A big thanks to the guys at ARRI, Brad, Hugh, Tabb at Freefly and Casey and Danielle at Mindcastle for the opportunity!

nick

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi guys. I had the pleasure of being the first person in the world to fly this camera back in November. At that time it was still in early alpha testing but we all knew the moment we saw the output that this would be a huge deal. The holy grail has been to match Alexa based footage from the ground and now we can do so with this beautiful little camera head.

A big thanks to the guys at ARRI, Brad, Hugh, Tabb at Freefly and Casey and Danielle at Mindcastle for the opportunity!

nick

nicely done @seattle_helo that's a heck of an invitation to go flying!

Thanks guys!

Bart, the one on the balloon shoot was an early hardware revision and I'm guessing that the weight has changed. That said, the camera package was just north of 7 pounds with an IDX Endura battery pack and Zeiss prime. I recorded the exact weight somewhere- need to find that.

nick

jfro

Aerial Fun
I read about this earlier and it was listed in specs as body only at 5lbs.

Also someone was guessing 30k body only.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I'm going to sell a liver, a kidney and mortgage my wife. That baby will be mine! Strap a wireless follow focus on it and start making $$$$$$

ovdt

I have never been excited more than this when a camera released.

Our productions will go to another level.

Now, we are waiting for the details of Red Weapon, and announcements from Canon, Black Magic, Sony at NAB. Pretty exciting.