Grade A dingleberry

leadwake

Not just a dingleberry, but a grade AAA "dipshit!"
Its not surprising that this guy can not fly with the phantom facing toward him, nor the fact that his FACTs are completely wrong.
As the "online director of the world's largest science and technology magazine..." don't you think he would have some more basic knowledge of the phantom or the fact that it was a 700 sized Remote control HELICOPTER that took the life of a young 19 year old experienced pilot. The media continues to get these types of reports and witnesses it on broadcasted live news, the publics perception is "these are crazy, uncontrollable, KILLER drones!"
Thanks Dave Mosher for your "expert opinion" and demonstration

tstrike

pendejo grande
Point proven, drone/quad/toy whateva, crashed into a crowd on national television and not one single injury, and this needs to be regulated? What's the national death tole from these things again?

Old Man

Try the same thing with an s1000 and guess how much bodily injury would have occurred. The guy was an idiot in so many ways. Once someone develops a habit of doing dumb things on a small scale they end up doing dumb stuff in every thing they do. It's a defective thought process.

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
The thing is guys, no matter how much we know... you are witnessing the general public's opinion of what we have and what we do.
Instead of making fun of this guy, we should study what he said and be ready with better answers when anyone of us gets a chance.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Sorry Sleepy, it's not what he said that matters to the public, it's what he did.
It's almost as if opponents of personal drone ownership are paying guys to f up on highly public stages, seriously.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Sorry Sleepy, it's not what he said that matters to the public, it's what he did.
It's almost as if opponents of personal drone ownership are paying guys to f up on highly public stages, seriously.

Oh I agree, I'm not saying the dude is not a total knob, I'm saying the way to use this knobs mistakes is to study this, and LISTEN to what the general public thinks and says... The reality is, our knowledge and professionalism doesn't matter. For every one of "US" there are 4000 of THEM.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Oh I agree, I'm not saying the dude is not a total knob, I'm saying the way to use this knobs mistakes is to study this, and LISTEN to what the general public thinks and says... The reality is, our knowledge and professionalism doesn't matter. For every one of "US" there are 4000 of THEM.

Damn straight! One of us needs to go on FOX and fly nose in to show how safe these are.

I kid but all you can do is try and show how safe these are. The government doesn't care if you open some kind of business, they just want to make sure there's a big enough paper trail that all the pigs at the trough get their cut.

Old Man

Exactly! What he said had little or no value compared to what he did.

We should study this guy's actions and use him as a poster child for what not to do when you operate a multirotor. If you don't know how to fly in manual nose in and nose out you certainly should not by flying inside a room full of people. Like as not the guy usually flies in IOC mode or some other super simple mode.

"Drones could pose serious risks to citizens" Oh boy, they sure love their fearmongering over at Fox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk