Important Notice for Inspire 1 Owners

Required Update

A required update is now available for your DJI Inspire 1. This update will fix an issue that some users may experience with the attitude drift and includes other important updates. Please download the firmware package from the official DJI website and update your aircraft’s firmware immediately.

If you have not yet flown your Inspire 1, please download and update the firmware before your first flight.

You will also receive a notification on the DJI Pilot app warning you to update immediately if using the current version (v1.0.0.1).

Download Now

If you are unable to takeoff after updating, perform an Advanced IMU Calibration. This is found in the DJI Pilot app under MC Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Sensors -> Calibrate -> Advanced.

If you have questions regarding this update or any other concerns about your Inspire 1, please contact us at Inspire1@dji.com.

Propeller Locks

The Inspire 1’s propellers may come off during flight if they are not correctly hand tightened and environmental factors (including sand, heavy dust, or high winds) cause the motors slow down suddenly. To prevent this, DJI is offering free Propeller Locks to all Inspire 1 customers.

If you ordered your Inspire 1 from the DJI Online Store, they will automatically be shipped to you. If you purchased your Inspire 1 at an authorized DJI dealer, you can collect them there. These Propeller Locks will become available next week, and DJI recommends that you do not attempt flying your Inspire 1 before receiving and attaching the Propeller Locks.

Contact Support

fltundra

Propeller Locks
The Inspire 1’s propellers may come off during flight if they are not correctly hand tightened and environmental factors (including sand, heavy dust, or high winds) cause the motors slow down suddenly. To prevent this, DJI is offering free Propeller Locks to all Inspire 1 customers.

If you ordered your Inspire 1 from the DJI Online Store, they will automatically be shipped to you. If you purchased your Inspire 1 at an authorized DJI dealer, you can collect them there. These Propeller Locks will become available next week, and DJI recommends that you do not attempt flying your Inspire 1 before receiving and attaching the Propeller Locks.

Contact Support

Typical DJI, R&D non existent, spend $3,000.00, and now wait another week to fly. Priceless!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Typical DJI, R&D non existent, spend $3,000.00, and now wait another week to fly. Priceless!

This issue never appeared with the Beta test units. I have been flying mine since the middle of November. The first unit #29 is now back in China. The second unit, #5 of near production, I still have and I have a production unit as well. I have never had a prop come off. As far as I know there have only been two instances of this behavior. DJI is reacting with an abundance of caution as you would expect most responsible manufactures to do.

Rickey

Owner of RT Aerial Videos
I understand both sides of the coin on this but still feel they should've came with a lock from the start... I saw the inspire in person for the first time earlier today and asked the dealer how the props came off. After he showed me I wondered how well they would stay on in aggressive flying.... Yes they should self tighten but s**t happens and I would like to have the option to lock the blades on....

Shelipso

The Inspire 1’s propellers may come off during flight if they are not correctly hand tightened and environmental factors (including sand, heavy dust, or high winds) cause the motors slow down suddenly.

A few weeks ago, I reported on thE forum that I had a crash because one of my self tightening" propellers (I was using DJI E600 propulsion) came off suddenly. Not everybody agreed with that but here it is. In that case, my conclusion was that something had caused the motor to suddenly slow down and that resulted in prop getting loose. I thought it was ESC but mentioning sand as an environmental factor is interesting. A week before the crash, I flew on the beach and my copter tripped on landing. I thought I cleaned the motor well!

http://multirotorforums.com/threads/myth-of-self-tightening-propellers.22408/

Since then, I am tightening the props really well but what DJI stated here means that tightening or not, you better use prop locks.

Tahoe Ed

A few weeks ago, I reported on thE forum that I had a crash because one of my self tightening" propellers (I was using DJI E600 propulsion) came off suddenly. Not everybody agreed with that but here it is. In that case, my conclusion was that something had caused the motor to suddenly slow down and that resulted in prop getting loose. I thought it was ESC but mentioning sand as an environmental factor is interesting. A week before the crash, I flew on the beach and my copter tripped on landing. I thought I cleaned the motor well!

http://multirotorforums.com/threads/myth-of-self-tightening-propellers.22408/

Since then, I am tightening the props really well but what DJI stated here means that tightening or not, you better use prop locks.

The E600 uses a non-breaking esc. It does not break the motor like the Inpire escs do. Totally different system.

Shelipso

Thanks for the clarification. So I will stick to the tightening for now.