XAircraft MiniX Out Yet?

mediaguru

Is the MiniX out yet? I'm going to start a 680 quad build and thinking of trying it, but don't want to wait for months.

Av8Chuck

Hmm. Makes my decision a little tough. Do I go with a MiniX or was thinking about trying out a Pixhawk.
XAircraft did a similar thing with the SuperX, they talked about the mission planner, I think they even released a beta tablet version but never released a mission planner for the SX.

It's that old saying, "once bitten, twice shy.."

Av8Chuck

I have only read about it, but it looks as capable as the MiniX but available today. I'll probably give it a try.

I seem to remember reading that the Vector was only good on frames up to 650 or something like that.

Yes you are correct, not recommended for anything over 650. Sorry, missed that.

Such a lovely, integrated little system. Might be worth building something a little smaller than a 650..? ;)

Anyway, good luck!

jfro

Aerial Fun
I ordered a MiniX a while back and emailed dealer today asking status. Said they hadn't come in yet but they expect them any day as they were told by end of month and hadn't heard anything to the contrary.

mediaguru

I emailed hobby-wing and asked if they had a MiniX in stock before I order. They told me they did, so I ordered the "pro" setup, whatever that is... I'll be putting it on a foldable 680 quad.

FPVOne

FPVOne.com we have the MiniX in Stock, first order already sold out 2nd order just arrived... Have posted a quick introduction and setup video series with the MiniX ... Great Controller SO FAR .. I like it ...BUNCHES

FPVOne

I have 3 videos on the setup of the MiniX for people who haven't connected a Flight Controller before ... YOU Must connect the BAT plug on the Flight controller directly to your MAIN FLIGHT battery ... NOT a BEC ... If you connect through a ESC / BEC you will have low voltage error and motors will not start ... vid 1 Introduction, vid 2 setup and calibration, vid 3 first flight .. Think I edited out the part where I say to connect directly to flight battery ... Connect (NO) other power source. The center 12 pins MUST not have power, ONLY (BAT) plug on Flight controller. Could damage flight controller.

mediaguru

I have 3 videos on the setup of the MiniX for people who haven't connected a Flight Controller before ... YOU Must connect the BAT plug on the Flight controller directly to your MAIN FLIGHT battery ... NOT a BEC ... If you connect through a ESC / BEC you will have low voltage error and motors will not start ... vid 1 Introduction, vid 2 setup and calibration, vid 3 first flight .. Think I edited out the part where I say to connect directly to flight battery ... Connect (NO) other power source. The center 12 pins MUST not have power, ONLY (BAT) plug on Flight controller. Could damage flight controller.

Yes I know. I went through that song and dance with the SuperX.