Aerial Harmony

Old Man

I decided to break down and finally make it a legal entity and registered a business as Aerial Harmony for the purpose of aerial imagery and low level aerial flight systems research and development. Not sure if it was a good idea or one that will cause some grief later with some government agency but it was time to put my name where my mouth and previous activities has been taking me. no, this is not an advertisement, but anyone that has any input with what I should anticipate from government agencies is quite welcome to tell me all about it.

Thanks all, and Merry Christmas.

kloner

Aerial DP
the regular government doesn't care about the activity.... it's just the faa. Nothing risked is nothing earned

Old Man

Agreed.

The county I registered the company in is a little "back woods" and it was interesting to see the reactions in the different departments that I had to obtain approvals from. Overall the attitudes were favorable and a couple of them even started talking about how useful such a company could be. I didn't trouble them with FAA information;)

Hey, I didn't know you've gotten 6 aircraft up and registered with tail numbers now. Congratulations!

parkgt

Agreed.

The county I registered the company in is a little "back woods" and it was interesting to see the reactions in the different departments that I had to obtain approvals from. Overall the attitudes were favorable and a couple of them even started talking about how useful such a company could be. I didn't trouble them with FAA information;)

Hey, I didn't know you've gotten 6 aircraft up and registered with tail numbers now. Congratulations!

What county "approvals" were required?

Old Man

For my county those were building, planning, and assessor. It's a rural county so they are concerned that "home" business activities do not run contrary to current zoning restrictions. For the most part the county is extremely easy to get along with but they don't want to see increased noise and traffic in areas that are currently quiet and sedate. I agree very much with that.

parkgt

Thanks for the reply, those make sense. I had thought maybe there were flight related and glad to see they were not.

Ronan

County, government, etc, doesn't care.

You will hit a snag, like myself, when large corporations want to hire you and then don't, because the FAA puts pressure on them.

Good luck mate :)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I'd say welcome to the club but I'm a dormant member myself......we're trying to build support for a group-backed membership in the Small UAV Coalition, an sUAS advocacy group founded by Amazon.com, 3D Robotics, GoPro, DJI, and Parrot to name a few....click the link in my signature if you'd like to know more....support levels are $50/yr and $250/yr

Bart

Old Man

Thanks for the reply, those make sense. I had thought maybe there were flight related and glad to see they were not.

My county is one that actually kind of likes RC modeling. A couple of land owners related to each other have a private full scale runway in back and loan it to the RC folk for flying without requiring AMA insurance. The county gave permission to maintain the field's functions in perpetuity. As long as they own it, flying of all types will remain permitted there. We used to fly from the middle of the county fairgrounds until building encroachment just made it impracticable to do anymore. Nobody chased us out and people with small electrics still fly there. For the most part this county prefers as few restrictions as possible, to the point where the county sheriff actually promotes private firearm ownership and carry permits. But don't be late on the property taxes;)

Where there are issues they are usually generated at the state level, and California at that level seems to think they should prohibit everything that's not specifically permitted. If it's permitted it's because California found a way to impose a license or permit fee, force obtaining a carbon credit, meter it, or tax it.