Mistletoe drone launched at TGIF - UK

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Well, the CAA are very aware of this so will be interesting to see what happens. I suspect it is pure ignorance by TGI's management rather than anything will full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PMaughan

I know this is entirely ridiculous and is probably just down to ignorance and a fair bit of stupidity!

but does the CAA get a look in here? Surely it's indoors. Scary thought that this might not be illegal.

Rotorfreek

Well it's commercial use - its part of their business activities. Therfore they need CAA authority etc... And alough everyone is in their restaurant, I think they would be hard pressed to demonstrate everyone is "under the pilots control"...
I can't see how it is legal, even if they are not charging, its is part of their commercial entertainment package.

Sent by my thumb, a trusty slave to my crazy mind. The above is the ramblings of a lunatic, and should be treated as such. Terms and conditions apply.

PMaughan

Well it's commercial use - its part of their business activities. Therfore they need CAA authority etc... And alough everyone is in their restaurant, I think they would be hard pressed to demonstrate everyone is "under the pilots control"...
I can't see how it is legal, even if they are not charging, its is part of their commercial entertainment package.

Sent by my thumb, a trusty slave to my crazy mind. The above is the ramblings of a lunatic, and should be treated as such. Terms and conditions apply.

But do the CAA have jurisdiction for indoor flying? Interested to know.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
That's a very good question. I know some of the insurance companies don't think the CAA don't regulate hence why John Heath doesn't insure indoor flying. However this most probably hasn't been tested in the courts so who knows which way it could go. Watch this space I guess.

Rotorfreek

Either way, it's someone very uneducated in what would happen if a phantom were to drop onto someone... Particularly indoors around all sorts of EMF and GPS blocks. I hope their pilots are s**t hot!

iceman

I suspect this is nothing more than a "viral" and it's working, here we are talking about it sharing the video. Nothing more than marketing campaign with a room full of actors pretending to be TGI diners I guess.

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
Wow. Those responsible are the epitome of stupidity. And they don't even have the decency to at LEAST have prop guards on all the aircraft?? It would still be stupid but at least it would make you look a little less brain dead o_O

SamaraMedia

I especially like how the operator blamed the reporter for moving. Really? I thought SkyCam was a professional operator that has been flying RC's for a long time. Disappointing to say the least.

SamaraMedia

Not to mention being sliced in to by the props. What could possible go wrong with this idea?

Hate to even post crap like this as it does no good for our cause of safe commercial use:

TGI Fridays' "mobile mistletoe drone" left a woman bloody and missing a piece of her nose last week.

Photographer Georgine Benvenuto was at a Fridays in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, when one of the operators tried to land the 10-inch aircraft on her head, but clipped off a part of her nose instead.

"It literally chipped off a tip of my nose," Benvenuto told the Brooklyn Daily. "It took off part of my nose and cut me here, right under my chin."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102250262?trknav=homestack:topnews:12