DJI has released the latest A2 firmware v2.4

DJI has released the latest A2 firmware v2.4, including the following updates:

1, New “Cruise Control” feature where the aircraft will lock into its current horizontal speed when users release the control sticks. The cruise speed can be adjusted by the remote control at any time.
2, New “Banked Turn” mode. The roll and yaw sticks are combined to help perform banked turns.
3, Added a “Home Fence” feature that prevents the aircraft from entering the area directly around the Home point.
4, Support for F-Channel and Action settings in the DJI PC Ground Station.
5, Support for the Dropsafe system.
6, Added the ability to control the aircraft during Return To Home procedures.
7, Emergency position of the mode switch is set to Atti. Mode by default instead of Manual Mode.
8, Added flight limits and airport No-Fly Zones.
9, Obtain initial receiver coordinates more quickly, in cold starts, low satellite signal (foliage/canopy) and loss of satellite signal conditions (indoor, garages, tunnel, etc.).
10, Greater satellite tracking reliability in poor visibility conditions (urban canyon/tall buildings, bridges/underpasses, etc.).
11, Home Lock and Point of Interest performance upgraded.

Assistant Software v1.4 updates:
1, “Cruise Control” function added to the IOC page.
2, “Home Fence (H-Fence)” page and “Airport Limit” page in “Limits” tag added.
3, “Parachute” tag added.

Users MUST upgrade to the following versions through the A2 Assistant v1.4 to get these new features:

A2 Controller Unit: 2.4
A2 IMU: 2.4
A2 GPS PRO: 2.4
A2 GPS Module: 2.4
A2 Receiver: 1.1
A2 LED: 2.1

Notes:
1, Ensure controller unit firmware matches IMU firmware. Otherwise there is a potential aircraft damage risk.
2, Upgrade GPS module to the latest version to enhance the GPS performance in harsh conditions.
3, Upgrade gimbal firmware to the latest version (v2.0) to use with the latest A2 firmware (v2.4).
4, Use with the latest version of the DJI A2 Assistant Software, Ground Station and gimbal firmware.
5, Mac users should use the latest A2 Assistant software on Mac OS X 10.9 or above.
6, When upgrade is complete, check the configuration of A2 controller unit then unlock the controller unit in A2 Assistant.
7, Once upgraded, calibration parameters saved in the A2 controller unit will be cleared. Recalibrating the IMU and the compass is required.

Users can download the latest A2 Assistant v1.4 from the link below:
http://www.dji.com/product/a2/download

Users can download the latest DJI iPad Ground Station App by the following methods:

1. Enter http://m.dji.net/gs on web browser to download;
2. Scan the QR code below to download.

iPad_Ground_Station.png

Users can download the latest DJI A2 Assistant App by the following methods:
1. Enter http://m.dji.net/dji-assistant on web browser to download;
2. Scan the QR code below to download.

DJI_Assistant.png

Enjoy your flight and ground station experience!

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
SOME ONE STRAP An A2 onto a small quad and put 50 flights on 2.4 real QUICKLY!!

Or... if someone wants to lend me their A2, I’ll build a small quad and do testing.
My A2 is on a big rig and is flying nicely right now...

ANYONE?!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com

Or... if someone wants to lend me their A2, I’ll build a small quad and do testing.

ANYONE?!

I'm with Sleepy... my rig is flying perfect I'm scared to update anything! The banked turns sound cool but IDK how I feel about the "home fence" and "Added flight limits and airport No-Fly Zones"

Hmmm......

fdproductions

FD Productions
Sleepy: Excellent thought I love this initiative your putting forth since I don't have any A2 units to spare I'll ship you a spare prototype quad if you get your hands on the A2...

attachment.php

ANYONE?!

lol, if you find an A2 i'll send you a small quad so its even faster i have a F330, F450 or this which is what I made thats just and airframe but runs off of two circular 3s lipos the thing is pretty sick everything gets concealed...
attachment.php

Attachments

• quad.jpg
    quad.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 454

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Crack on chaps and good luck.. I for one have now officially resigned and been banned as a A2M beta tester as it comes with all sorts of dire consiqueses, if you have a 450 go for it, other wise let the keen and brave ones spend their hard earned cash and valuable time testing the very poorly thought out and totally unsupported A2M FC. As for the added features.. well whoopy do. lets see um working by DJI NOT FORUM GUINEA PIGS

AirShooter

FlyCam UAV
I just did the upgrade, and got a scare, as you need to completely re-config EVERYTHING! Lost the bind to my TX got that back, with full calibration and re-assign all switch functions, re-enter my IMU and GPS placement, select my mixer type, cal batt warning, basically a start over.

the results however... Almost instant sat lock in GPS, and thats about all I've noticed thus far, as I have not enabled the "cruise control" , not sure if I want to, nor have a set the geo fence around my home pos. and I don't have a parachute yet..
But it does fly, have not done much but fly around my back yard. Just tested, the banking turn feature.. VERY COOL, flights are stable all working good thus far, this is on a SkyJIb X8 with KDE power. So I guess I'm the guinea pig

scotth

I just did the upgrade, and got a scare, as you need to completely re-config EVERYTHING! Lost the bind to my TX got that back, with full calibration and re-assign all switch functions, re-enter my IMU and GPS placement, select my mixer type, cal batt warning, basically a start over.

Would it be possible to save the config file before upgrading, then load it as a starting point after the upgrade? Obviously absent of the new features..

AirShooter

FlyCam UAV
Not sure but I thought of that after the fact of course. I for sure exported my config after this update. All working good thus far, I did notice GPS lock was more that twice as fast and it held hover rock solid. The banking turning feature is cool However you loose one of the other IOC controls as the switch is only for 3 .. I assigned the geo fence to a switch, however min radius is 12 meters, which is pretty wide, so I don't see using it. I also mapped the cruise control but I did not activate it yet.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I find the fence thing curious. Given that the A2 is aimed at the more experienced pilot, why on earth would you not want your aircraft moving into the area you are in? It just seems like a pointless step to take when coming back into land ie having to turn it off. Curious to hear if people think it is a good idea or not.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
SO.. anyone?

I have a small frame and electronics to run a quad.. I will fly as much as I can on the new FW.
I'll even protect the GPS so any crashes will result in No A2 damage!

:D

AirShooter

FlyCam UAV
They perform different on different crafts. Do you really think that someone is just gonna give you an A2 to try !

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Well I have lent my M5, several WKM's and full rigs to people so. YEA?

I really don't care, I'll wait for someone else. I was just willing to pt some gear up to see if the ew firmware is REALLY ready.

I have 5 Super X's, 2 ZeroUAV Gemini's, 2 WKM's, 1 A2and a slew of other flight controls.

But most are tyed up in working rigs that I can't afford to rip out.

So I thought if someone was scared to fly their A2, I'd slap it into a small rig and run it through the paces.
No worries either way. If you know me then you know me, if you don't I see your point.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Never mind.
This dudes has it sorted.
New A2 firmware is solid!

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
I have an A2 on a Super Skyjib X8 that should (SHOULD... :apathy:) be shipping to me soon. I'm kind of leery about it after all the things I've ready about the A2, but... we shall see. Hopefully someone else will play with it first.