Help Wanted

kloner

Aerial DP
Were a progressive FAA exempted sUas aerial cinema company seeking Private Pilot certified Heavy Lifter Pilots with extensive Uav/cinema experience, FAA Ground Rated Visual Observers with uav experience, Gimbal operators, faa ground cert preffered & experienced Uav techs, no certification required. Operations are based out of Carlsbad CA but we work in all Lower 48 so it's not an absolute must to be from the area. Send resumes to steve@aerialmob.com It can lead to Local 600 membership, quality pay scales, etc. Must be willing to travel and be away from home for extended periods of time and an upbeat personality helps....

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Crap, was looking good until that last line, my personality sucks! :)

Way to go Steve, you're paving rocky grounds.

kloner

Aerial DP
that's a good question..... shipping would sure suck but i'm not sure if they gotta be US residents or not....

Droider

Drone Enthusiast

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
You do not necessarily need a green card to work in the USA. Look up "TN Visa". I used to live in Windsor, cross the border to work in Detroit daily, for 5 years.

kloner

Aerial DP
I wish other countries uav certs would work but this is a FAA PPL or higher requirement. I'd have you out here in a heartbeat Dave....

kloner

Aerial DP
yes, for a pilot this is a show up and fly our certified/registered rigs, all union so no crazy overtime, no night ops so during the day...... it pays attorney type wages to fly these for us hence the cinema experience required.... you need to understand what a Director is asking for

https://www.cameraguild.com

Old Man

If not for the cinema experience you'd have my resume'. What the heck, I should send it anyway and see where things fall. It would be nice to leave the military type machines behind.

kloner

Aerial DP
send me a simple explanation of what your rc experience is and if you have a reel, put put that in there as well..... I can teach the details if you have a rock solid base to work with. Most important is the ability to not loose orientation, nose in anything shouldn't even be a challenge. were flying $60-$100k of UAV at a time

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Ok, here's my resume. First person to get a full-featured commercial grade autopilot working on a paint shaker. :D Not built from a kit. Lots of custom parts. Want to fly a Red at 100 km/h for an hour? We can do that. :)

I do work on multirotors too, I just don't have anything impressive to show because I try to focus on this niche that nobody else is doing. Engineering skills is engineering skills.

DSC02659_zpse41c799b.jpg

Oh, and don't forget this. Not just a system user:

https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/graphs/contributors

kloner

Aerial DP
I gotta say, It is amazing how much talent hangs out here. Thanks for everybodys responses and were still taking applications so send em if you got them.

Rob, i forgot to mention you to the tech guys today, but even if it's piece work, i bet theres a spot for you. there doing a lot of arduino programming over there these days. JCMonty, if you see this talk with Rob and exchange info.

Love the big gasser, good stuff.

Ronan

If not for the cinema experience you'd have my resume'. What the heck, I should send it anyway and see where things fall. It would be nice to leave the military type machines behind.

Funny how you keep wanting to leave the military type machines behind... and i want 'em... lol

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
What kind of Arduino programming are they doing?

And that commit stats page is a bit misleading. Tridge, Randy, Pat and Jason are full time paid programmers. And a lot of my commits get "laundered" through Randy so don't have my name on them.

jcmonty

What kind of Arduino programming are they doing?

And that commit stats page is a bit misleading. Tridge, Randy, Pat and Jason are full time paid programmers. And a lot of my commits get "laundered" through Randy so don't have my name on them.

Rob, hit me up via PM and we can connect via email.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Aerial MOB

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Thanks R_Lefebvre, Good to know. After nearly 40 years working in the GWN.....NCFOM.....I am eager to get to H out of Canada in the winter months with or without a job to go to.

You do not necessarily need a green card to work in the USA. Look up "TN Visa". I used to live in Windsor, cross the border to work in Detroit daily, for 5 years.

Old Man

Funny how you keep wanting to leave the military type machines behind... and i want 'em... lol

I don't want to side track the thread but it's not the birds so much as what they are used for. For the last 10 years it's been about surveillance of people and places with a lot of direct or indirect killing. There's some really great aircraft, outstanding technology, but a lot of mental baggage. If they were used for things with less blood letting and people control involved my perspective would change. FYI, some our little MR controllers are as good, sometimes better, than some of the military grade line of sight stuff while being smaller, lighter, and a lot less expensive. Gotta go do a cover letter...