Aeronavics / Droidworx dji compass puck location for a SJX4 (X8)

AirShooter

FlyCam UAV
Hi all, so I'm going to be mounting the GPS puck for the A2 on my SJX4 whats the preferred location, top of crash cage dead center on the short stick, or boom mounted close to core on the long stick?
Thanks in advance!

Razzil

I always mount mine on one of the booms using an extra Droidworx motor mount.
I cut out a thick piece of Carbon Fiber and place between the mount and GPS puck as well, for several reasons.
Cuts down on the noise from the electronics in the CF booms, and makes a flat surface ... because the bolt heads are there.
It looks neater, the stock DJI rod will never get broken, twisted, and doesn't fibrate as much.
Just my opinion, but I've always gotten rock solid GPS performance.
View attachment 20651

Attachments

• A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 184
Last edited by a moderator:

AirShooter

FlyCam UAV
Thats a clean low profile install, looks good. I have the actual Droidworx boom mount from my WKM setup when it was a flat 8. My concern was getting above any other electronics with 360 deg
clear view. As of now I mounted the DJI metal slotted 4 mount base to two screws on the clamp from the original CF circle and added some nylocks and used the long supplied rod to get some height, and if I need to fold it down I can loosen the clamp and rotate it a bit. I had it sticking straight out of the top of the cage, but it looked stupid. (it's all about the looks right :highly_amused: )