Where can I find this CF plate?

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
I'm working on a mount for a Cinestar 8... I've found a couple of 4 and 8 point plates available, but none have the bolt pattern I need for the quick releases (I have a separate source for those).

Not gonna spend $800-900 for an outdated 3rd axis kit just for a $50 CF plate, so any help?? :nevreness:

attachment.php

Attachments

• cinestar_quick_r_52c6d0f6b9563.jpg
    cinestar_quick_r_52c6d0f6b9563.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 312

Draw it up on a computer or by hand/ruler and cut your own by hand. It may not look refined like a cnc machine, but will work fine. Cheap and easy. It is how I build most of my frames.

jfro

Aerial Fun
I'm working on a mount for a Cinestar 8... I've found a couple of 4 and 8 point plates available, but none have the bolt pattern I need for the quick releases (I have a separate source for those).

Not gonna spend $800-900 for an outdated 3rd axis kit just for a $50 CF plate, so any help?? :nevreness:

I put the items that need attaching to on a scanner. Then take them into adobe illustrator (or any simple drawing program). If for instance, I need 3mm holes, I draw one out, dup it a bunch of times, then like for a motor, will put the 4 holes over the scan, then group them. and they are ready to use. As a group, they can be aligned, rotated etc.. Move the original part/motor scan off to the side for further use. After drawing out the part, print it. Then using 3m spray adhesive (artists supplies) lay it down on the g10 or carbon fiber. then drill it out on drill press and cut on a band saw with the smallest blade you can buy. Then I use a grinding wheel to fix any curves that the band saw couldn't get just right. If you don't have a band saw, you can probably use a jig saw, but the blades will dull fast.

Never not had a hole line up doing it this way....

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
Thanks guys :tennis: I just moved and finally have a decent workspace, but not the tools to get all of this done myself... luckily I found an alternative this morning!

Great ideas though, hopefully I'll have the tools to make my own parts again soon.

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
That was exactly what I needed, but only the plate. Thanks for the link, luckily we found an alternative to use but I'll keep that one in mind if I need a replacement :)