Zenmuse GH4 Owners thread

scotth

Oh man... well glad you were able to improvise. Never trust this crap! Remember the scorpion and the frog story.

Timtim

Good idea scotth, I have an old HDMI board lying around so have connected that up. It appears to work well in the cold, but will have to test fly to be absolutely sure
We test flew our S900 yesterday with the temporary extra HDMI converter and everything worked perfectly, so this is a great workaround while we wait for the new DJI board to appear. We turned the gimbal through 360º before powering up, so that the initialisation spin unwinds the cable. The cable is very flexible and long enough to mount the HDMI converter away from the gimbal ( a hacked version of this http://www.hypershop.com/HyperThin/...Compact-Flexible-HDMI-Cable/HTUM08-BLACK.html )

Out of interest what monitors are people using?

I've just fired up my GH3 Zen and got a white screen for about 3/4 seconds before getting a image which has never happened in the year or so i've been using it!

I'm using Black Pearl monitors.

Add my brand new one to this list of cold affected video board Z15-GH4's.
Received it 20/3/2015. First flight's 24/3/2015.
Shipped back to supplier for agreed warranty replacement 25/3/2015.

Obviously the new ones are no better. I waited 3 weeks for this Z15 as no stock in the UK due to Chinese New Year. This arrived in the first shipment after ChNYr

Timtim

Oh that's a shame, I was just thinking that after 6 weeks of waiting there might be some new stuff arriving in the UK. I'm still bypassing the Z15 HDMI converter, but getting annoyed not to be benefitting from the slip rings

PMaughan

I've been having success just using a hand warmer strapped to the convertor while travelling and if I have to wait between flights I just stick it on again, small amount of hassle but no problems since I started doing this. Roll on summer!

I've been having success just using a hand warmer strapped to the convertor while travelling and if I have to wait between flights I just stick it on again, small amount of hassle but no problems since I started doing this. Roll on summer!
I had considered something like that, however this is brand new out of the box, & my supplier said the last one they had that did this was eventually solved by a replacement HDMI board.

This is the reason why they are just swapping the whole thing as faulty rather than doing warranty repairs via DJI Germany.

I also think this one had GCU issues as well as it would not map using Sbus consistently. I ended up using traditional servo wiring & even then initialisation was a bit hit & miss as to how it did it.

PMaughan

I had considered something like that, however this is brand new out of the box, & my supplier said the last one they had that did this was eventually solved by a replacement HDMI board.
/QUOTE]

You're quite right, we really shouldn't settle for anything other than a fully working system.

RobertoMFS

Tim, thank you for providing that information and analysis. R&D has designed a new HDMI Board and Cable that eliminates the low temperature problem. Please contact DJI directly. China is sending replacement boards and cables to the US, Germany and Japan. They can arrange for the board and cable be sent to you if you are comfortable in doing so or you can send the gimbal in for the required repairs.

Hi, I have the same problem in low temperature.

Tahoe Ed, my gimbal its under warranty, how I can get the replacement board to change in house? I can't wait the time of return to Germany or China.

I buy a Zenmuse gh4 HDMI cable for spare, it's unopened, can be replaced with the new cable ?

I'm waiting to receive my second gh4 zen, that buy the last week, how I can check if have the original or the new HDMI board?

Somebody test the new board?

Regards from Spain.
Rob.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tahoe Ed

I would contact them and see if they are willing to supply the board or you can just buy one. They are not expensive.

Timtim

We are due to get the new board next week sometime. Keeping fingers crossed it solves the issues, assuming that now that spring is nearly here, we can find some cold enough days to test.

RobertoMFS

I would contact them and see if they are willing to supply the board or you can just buy one. They are not expensive.

Thanks for the management.

I'm on warranty, I need to change a bad designed board, I need to buy one?

RobertoMFS

We are due to get the new board next week sometime. Keeping fingers crossed it solves the issues, assuming that now that spring is nearly here, we can find some cold enough days to test.

How do you get it?

Fingers crossed here too.

Always you can make space on your freezer between the fish, and the beef to test the gimbal :)

ragingdemon

Tim, thank you for providing that information and analysis. R&D has designed a new HDMI Board and Cable that eliminates the low temperature problem. Please contact DJI directly. China is sending replacement boards and cables to the US, Germany and Japan. They can arrange for the board and cable be sent to you if you are comfortable in doing so or you can send the gimbal in for the required repairs.

Hi Tahoe, i have been reading this thread for quite a long time and noticed that there is finally a fix to this blank image or frozen image problem for a lightbridge on the gh4 gimbal. I have called DJI LA and talked to a tech and he mentioned that he doesnt know of you or even knows of the fix. He said he spoke with a manager and a supervisor saying that there was nothing told to them of this. Could you please help me with getting a replacement hdmi board. My ticket number is 116500 and the person i spoke with is Charles.

Further note he kept telling me to send in my gimbal and not to believe any forum posts unless its on the DJI official forums