Phobotic Centerpiece Brushless Gimbal Controller

Precall

I have a boxed CPHV with two IMUs for sale. If anyone is interested send a a PM :)
(Might save you getting stung on the tax like i did!!)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
what's the value of something like that? as i understand it there's a new firmware update on the horizon, late by a bit but on the horizon.

jfro

Aerial Fun
The base CP is retail $400 and the high voltage with 2 IMU's is $600. They had a black friday sale which was 10 or 15% off and additional off if you bought more. Most of us paid the $400 or $600.

Bartman

ok, i'm a bit tapped out at the moment but I'm going to need one eventually. i've got the parts for my GoPro to NEX size gimbal, just need to do the work to bring it to life.

Can the Centerpiece be made to function as a two axis brushless controller? IOW, can the pan axis be disabled?

jfro

Aerial Fun
I'm being redundant here, but I've had good luck with Centerpiece (2 imu) on 2 gimbals flying gh3 & gh4 on a DYI gimbal (5208 motors) and DYS Eagle eye with large motors, 60mm or 62mm. I've talked about the horizon issue many times and am waiting for the 1331 firmware, however, mine is flying very nicely and I get much better and consistent footage than I have on my multiple attempts with various configs and the AM 8 bit and 32 bit controllers.

While I am wanting and waiting for better horizon control, everything is so much better, this is what I'm going to live with unless I win the lottery and could get a Movi M5. If 1331 delivers an decent improvement on horizon, I would not entertain getting a Movi at this point, even if I could afford it.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Jfro, is your YAW behaving? my roll and pitch axis’s are awesome, but anything pas flying 1 mph makes YAW reset. And I have a pimp yaw motor.
I have heard that the next firmware will address this issue and I am PUMPED waiting for it, if Yaw acts like Pitch and roll it’s Game on!

jfro

Aerial Fun
Jfro, is your YAW behaving? my roll and pitch axis’s are awesome, but anything pas flying 1 mph makes YAW reset. And I have a pimp yaw motor.
I have heard that the next firmware will address this issue and I am PUMPED waiting for it, if Yaw acts like Pitch and roll it’s Game on!

Are you using 1 or 2 IMU's. I assume you did the autotune? Maybe try just the autotune 1 or 2 times and see what kind of settings you get. Are you in follow mode? If you have your radio connected for yaw, try disconnecting that first till you get it working. I remember when I first connected my pitch to my radio, I got some strange reactions till I figured out a setting or two for that. Then when they did 1329, I had to change it again as they changed something in that firmware for the radio control.

My yaw works fine. I am not rotating my landing gear. I think I've seen most of your MR's with retracts so I'm guessing that's not your issue. They are having issues with guys that are rotating their gimbal and landing gear. That's a big part of the new firmware coming.

I've got my follow me mode pretty restricted. Like 17-20% each way as I'm shooting between my landing legs on an x8. My gimbal yaw seems to work as it should and I'm happy with it. I think I could make it better if I spent some time on the follow mode settings, but will probably leave that till spring or after I see some good "how to" video explaining the settings a bit more.

I think 1331 firmware is getting a lot of fixes and features. May be awhile. That being said, I"m surprised your having yaw issues. I am more of a slow / drifting type flyer, but the few times I've taken off for a hundred yards or so, and flown hard with some yaw or turning on the MR, my gimbal yaw has held. I'm using a 3 s battery with -GM60-80T motors.

One of these days, I'm thinking of throwing my other yaw setup which is an 8017 motor just to see how that would get along with the CP.

Bartman

I've got my follow me mode pretty restricted. Like 17-20% each way as I'm shooting between my landing legs on an x8.

jfro,

when you do this does it try to bias itself back to center when the helicopter yaws?

jfro

Aerial Fun
jfro,

when you do this does it try to bias itself back to center when the helicopter yaws?

Short answer yes if I understand the question, Long answer:

Yaw, I have follow on with a little dead band. Flying straight, gimbal stays steady looking ahead. If I yaw copter to the right or maybe fly to the right, the yaw will smoothly follow. I have the 18 or 20 degree max set up, so I generally don't' see my forward legs unless it's real fast or when I took off, the yaw was cocked a few degrees to one side. After initialization, if your yaw or pitch is off, (not roll), you can manually move it so I always check that my camera lens is straight forward before taking off. With follow mode on, I'd say withing 2-3 seconds the yaw will be back centered to where it was when you took off when the copter yaws. Very usable for smooth yaw.

The horizon (roll) is pretty much the same, but starting point is whatever it is when you take off. If wrong, you need to re-initials with power off or reboot button. If you launch from flat ground, it will be good. If you are on a slope, you will have to do a little work. If the horizon drops low on the left or right side during a yaw or turn, it will come back to level within a few seconds . It's still a work in progress, so haven't figured out a way to defeat it or make it better. It seems to me that most controllers so of drop on the horizon's side opposite of the yaw or turn.

I always turn my camera on last and have the horizon line on the preview to check level. If off, it's best to reboot. They are trying to tweak things abit for when launching off slopes.

Bartman

Precall, sorry but I don't think I'll need the HV as I'm only going to be running GoPro through NEX size cameras if I complete my gimbal. Besides, I'm way behind on this particular piece of equipment, members SleepyC and Motopreserve are running reviews/tests so I'm watching to see what they come up with.
Drop it in the classifieds, someone will surely buy it, especially if the new firmware release is successful.

Hey Sleepy, Here is a test flight before we did some high speed shooting for a client. This is with the GH4 12-35mm lens, no post stab, My Speed was around 40-45mph. Base CP running 1330 FW.

Very happy with the results. I would adjust your yaw power manually and do an auto tune just on the PIDs. Thats what I did because I couldn't get the yaw to auto tune doing both power and PIDs.

Cheers,

They're getting manufactured. Some arrive early next week but they are all spoken for. If you place an order now, it should be fulfilled by the 18th.

SamaraMedia

Almost two months since I ordered on Black Friday to take advantage of a 15% discount. I'm in the midst of rebuilding a hex for this controller and gimbal with DSLR but it's been a looooong time to be waiting with little update info from Samur or Roee on delivery.

SamaraMedia

Samur, I did get one an email from Roee about 10 days ago explaining the situation. I could swear when I placed the order on Black Friday the site said "backordered" with ship date of Dec 8th which was reasonable but it's getting close to 2 months now. It is freezing cold here today with wind gusts to 35-40 mph and wind chills expected the next couple days in the -minus degrees so I won't be flying but I could be building and bench testing. Just thought bummed, looking forward to getting this rig complete. Glad to hear production is moving forward.

We had many delays in this batch of CPs (not HVs though, we have some of those in stock now). Worked very hard to solve it all through the holidays and now boards should start arriving. Anyway, just mailed you about it and I'll make sure you're happy and get your board ASAP.