Ice Bucket Challenge - Multirotor forums style!

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
I did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge with my X8 copter today. 10 pounds of ice water dumped from the air on my head. It wasn't easy, but it sure was fun! Hopefully I can whip together a "Making Of..." if I have some time this week. It was quite the adventure! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DRONE "ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE" by Bill Clary Got Aerial llc.

In help to raise awareness for ALS, it had to be done

By Bill Clary - Got Aerial llc.

Ronan

I was waiting for the water to come out. not the ending I wanted lol.

Same i was expecting a high amount of water to suddenly drop, with a sudden 'oh oh' reaction and then a bit of pain from having icy cold water dropped from the sky lol

Great idea though!

Thanks. I was more worried about my controller getting wet. I was thinking about doing a second take but it would not of been original. I'm sure I could of filled up the bucket with more then a gallon of water but since I was already at 8000ft agl I didn't want to push it.
The water was freezing since it's from a the snow runoff

modles

Nerdlinger
Brilliant guys, I knew there would be a few!

This was mine today. 6 kilos of freezing water. Could have done more i reckon but wouldn't fit in the bucket. I quite like my delivery method :)

https://vimeo.com/104802438

Ben

captej

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 166

modles

Nerdlinger
sure you can, but there would be no crowd source, 'viral' benefit as there is with this campaign, so much more money has been raised this way. How on earth can you argue with that?