DJI S1000 horrible jello - help needed

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Caution:
Motor and/or prop vibration can cause erratic MR behaviour leading to a crash........ depending upon magnitude and frequency of vibration and your FC-IMU system to tolerate vibrations.

fdproductions

FD Productions
I've also watched, on my s1000 suspended in the air, that 1 or 2 arms are shaking a very little bit (left-right). Is that normal? Maybe that's the fault ... balancing of blades/engines...

konibak,

1. please please don't treat this issue lightly.

2. if you can visibly see one or TWO or your arms flexing or acting funny land immediately.

3. when was the last time you changed your lock knobs (S1020301?)

4. do they all even have an audible click still?

5. have you replaced damper units on the motors between regular intervals?

konibak

The s1000 is brandnew, has maybe 2 hours of flight. I didn't changed anything. All the lock knobs have an audible click.

konibak,

1. please please don't treat this issue lightly.

2. if you can visibly see one or TWO or your arms flexing or acting funny land immediately.

3. when was the last time you changed your lock knobs (S1020301?)

4. do they all even have an audible click still?

5. have you replaced damper units on the motors between regular intervals?

econfly

Thanks. Unfortunatelly don't have torque wrench :/

Don't worry about it. 0.4Nm is a very low value. A little dry loctite in the threads can have a material impact on the measurement. You can do this by feel. Pick the aircraft up and rotate it so the props are perpendicular to the ground. They should hold position (motors may turn -- that's fine). If they flop down to point to the ground they are too loose. You want them just tight enough not to do that. (just my opinion)

konibak

I've tried to losen the prop blades a little bit as adviced. No visible result, jello still present.
Today I'll try to tighten the motor dampers, maybe add washers...

econfly

I've tried to losen the prop blades a little bit as adviced. No visible result, jello still present.
Today I'll try to tighten the motor dampers, maybe add washers...

If it were my problem this is what I would do.

First, log flight data for each ESC (if you are using a DJI controller, get an iOSD Mk II). Maybe you can see where one or two arms are either running at odd power levels, oscillating, etc.

Second, just check everything including balance. Be completely sure that the rig with everything installed is as perfectly balanced as possible.

Make sure the gimbal is balanced as well, and check yaw balance in addition to pitch and roll (pick up the copter, turn it 90% so the gimbal yaw axis is a balance point, and make sure that the gimbal doesn't want to rotate one way or the other around that yaw axis).

Check screws and look for wobble or movement on each arm, motor mount, prop mount, etc.

Check the gimbal attachment points. Look for loose screws, binding or tightness that shouldn't be there, etc. The rubber dampers should flex and absorb movement.

Check the camera to gimbal mount. The camera should be solidly and securely mounted.

Fly it. Check the logs. Compare ESC/motor output. Look for an outlier. If you find one swap it with an opposite arm. Fly again. See if the problem follows the bad arm. If it does, replace it or tear it down and build it back checking everything on it. If the problem stays in the position check the contacts at that position (electrical and mechanical).