TMotor 4014 Bearing replacement question w/ photos

rocjock

Hey guys - I need to replace bearing in a couple of my TMotor 4014s. The top and bottom bearings are different sizes. I have Bart's Bearing Press tool - but the larger bottom bearing on the TMotor is quite a bit larger than the supplied press blocks. Does anyone have some seating the larger bearing without damaging it? What about using a washer like the pic below? What did folks do before Bart's tool :)? Thanks!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• photo 2 (2).jpg
    photo 2 (2).jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 203
  • photo 3 (4).jpg
    photo 3 (4).jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 216
  • photo 1 (2).jpg
    photo 1 (2).jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 238
  • photo 1 (3).JPG
    photo 1 (3).JPG
    14 KB · Views: 275
  • photo 2 (3).JPG
    photo 2 (3).JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 253
  • photo 3 (5).JPG
    photo 3 (5).JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 283

Cameraj

I'm in the same boat, what did you use to press the bearing in? Where did you find a new clip and washer and bearing? Thanks so much,
J

jes1111

I use a small bench-top vice with smooth, flat jaws. The screw/washer arrangement shown above will also work fine. Sometimes I've been able to press the bearing home just with my fingers against the outer race - depends on the tolerance. What you're trying to avoid is pressing against the inner race exclusively - pressing against the inner and outer rings simultaneously and evenly is acceptable. Bart's tool is quick and convenient when you have the right size.

You guys really should put at least your country in your profile so it shows up on the left - no sense in shipping shims and circlips across the Atlantic :)

In Europe:
- shims and circlips from http://www.springfasteners.co.uk/
- bearings from http://www.smbbearings.com/

Cameraj

Thanks Jes so much for all the info,
Im in the USA, California maybe they have a Co. that would have the parts over on this side of the pond:). You wouldn't know what size the washer and clip are would you?